|Born||August 16, 1973|
Livingston, New Jersey
|Genre||tragicomedy, fiction, memoir|
|Notable works||Everything You Ever Wanted, Some Girls: My Life in a Harem and Pretty|
|Spouse||Scott Shriner (m. 2005–present)|
Jillian Lauren (born August 16, 1973) is an American writer, performer, adoption advocate, and former call girl for Jefri Bolkiah, Prince of Brunei; about whom she wrote her first memoir, Some Girls: My Life in a Harem.
Jillian Lauren is the author of the New York Times bestselling memoir books Everything You Ever Wanted, released May 2015, Some Girls: My Life in a Harem, released in 2010, and the 2011 novel Pretty, all published by Plume/Penguin. Some Girls, which chronicles her time spent in the harem of the Prince of Brunei, has been translated into eighteen languages.
Lauren's true crime book Exit Sandman: The True Story of America’s Most Prolific Serial Killer is forthcoming from Dutton. The book is based on the author's extensive interviews with serial killer Samuel Little. Her work attempting to seek justice for Little's victims and match cold cases to him is chronicled in the 2021 five-part documentary series, Confronting a Serial Killer.
Lauren has an MFA in creative writing from Antioch University. Her writing has appeared in New York Magazine, The Paris Review, The New York Times, Vanity Fair, Los Angeles Magazine, Elle, Flaunt Magazine, The Rumpus, and Salon, among others. Her work has also been widely anthologized, including The Moth Anthology and True Tales of Lust and Love.
Lauren is a regular storyteller with The Moth and has performed at numerous spoken word and storytelling events across the United States. She did a TEDx Talk about adoption and identity at Chapman University in 2014. She has been interviewed on such television programs as The View, Good Morning America, and The Howard Stern Show, among others.
- "Some Girls". JIllian Lauren. Retrieved February 9, 2019.
- "The New York Times Bestseller List". The New York Times. New York. May 23, 2010.
- Lauren, Jillian (2015). Everything You Ever Wanted: A Memoir. Penguin. ISBN 9780142181638.
- "Book on serial killer draws upon extensive interviews". WTHR. December 14, 2020. Retrieved December 15, 2020.
- Tallerico, Brian (April 14, 2021). "Confronting a Serial Killer movie review (2021) | Roger Ebert". RogerEbert.com. Retrieved April 24, 2021.
- Turchiano, Danielle (April 16, 2021). "'Confronting a Serial Killer' Director Aims to Expose 'Dark Forces' With True Crime Stories". Variety. Retrieved April 24, 2021.
- "Jillian Lauren".
- Susannah Cahalan (December 27, 2009). "My nights at the harem". New York Post.
- "About Jillian Lauren". Penguin. 2011. Retrieved February 1, 2011.