Jillian Rose Reed
|Jillian Rose Reed|
Reed in February 2015
December 20, 1991 |
Hollywood, Florida, United States
|Relatives||Robbie Tucker (brother)|
Reed was born in Hollywood, Florida and raised in Coral Springs, Florida. She has two brothers, an older brother Matt and her younger brother is fellow actor Robbie Tucker. She performed competitive dance when she was about 4 as well as competitive jazz, tap and ballet in Michigan when she was twelve.
In 2011, Reed was cast as Tamara Kaplan on the MTV original series Awkward. The role earned her a Young Artist Award nominated for Best Performance in a TV Series - Leading Young Actress. In 2012, she starred in the TV film My Super Psycho Sweet 16: Part 3 as Sienna.
Reed is involved with the American Diabetes Association due to her brother Matt having Type 1 Diabetes. Reed said in an interview with USA Today that "a lot of people think diabetes isn't one of those things that can happen to you. With the success of Awkward, I did have a voice. I can say something and people will listen, I can use social media and not just to tweet pictures of my cat."
|2010||L.A. Vampire||Vampire||Short film|
|2013||Age of Dinosaurs||Jade Jacobs|
|2014||Confessions of a Womanizer||Megan|
|2014||Finding Alice||Alice (voice)||Short film|
|2016||Elena and the Secret of Avalor||Naomi Turner (voice)||Television film|
|2008||Zoey 101||Girl #3||Episode: "Rumor of Love"|
|2009||Hung||Skinny Girl Tracie||Episode: "The Pickle Jar"|
|2010||Community||Kelly Cortlandt||Episode: "The Art of Discourse"|
|2010||The Middle||Shannon||Episode: "Errand Boy"|
|2011–2016||Awkward||Tamara Kaplan||69 episodes|
|2011||Pair of Kings||Tessa||Episode: "The One About Mikayla's Friends"|
|2012||My Super Psycho Sweet 16: Part 3||Sienna||Television film|
|2013||Supah Ninjas||Gina / Wallflower||Episode: "Wallflower"|
|2013||Ghost Ghirls||Lizzie||2 episodes|
|2014||Jessie||Abbey||Episode: "Acting with the Frenemy"|
|2016–present||Elena of Avalor||Naomi Turner (voice)||Main cast|
Awards and nominations
|2012||Young Artist Award||Best Performance in a TV Series - Leading Young Actress||Awkward||Nominated|
- Casey Lewis (May 2013). "'Awkward' Star Jillian Rose Reed on Mean Girls, Ex-Boyfriends, and '90s Heartthrobs". Teen Vogue. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- "Happy birthday to me... Got to see all my girls!!!!". Jillian Rose Reed verified Twitter. December 21, 2014. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- "Jillian Rose Reed on Awkward.". MTV. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- David Raterman (March 7, 2012). "MTV's Jillian Rose Reed is all about dance workouts". Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- Gayle Jo Carter (September 19, 2014). "Cause Celeb: It's Jillian Rose Reed vs. diabetes". USA Today. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- Kristine Hope Kowalski (November 23, 2014). "Jillian Rose Reed Shares Her Fave Diabetes-Friendly Sugar-Free Snack". Twist. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- Kirsten Schofield (November 11, 2014). ""Awkward" Star Jillian Rose Reed Has Wise Advice for BFFs". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- "Actress Jillian Rose Reed Gets “Awkward”". The Queen Latifah Show. October 18, 2013. Archived from the original on February 23, 2015. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- Jethro Nededog (November 4, 2013). "‘Awkward’s’ Jillian Rose Reed to Play New Frenemy on ‘Jessie’ (Exclusive)". TheWrap. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jillian Rose Reed.|