|Born||James Philip Bankoff
December 23, 1969
|Alma mater||Emory University
Wharton School of Business
|Occupation||Chairman and CEO of Vox Media|
|Spouse(s)||Diane Elson (m. 2003)|
James Philip "Jim" Bankoff (December 23, 1969) is Chairman and CEO of Vox Media and is also a Senior Advisor for Providence Equity Partners. As the former Executive Vice President of Programming and Products at AOL, Bankoff has developed and led many notable websites including Aol.com, Mapquest, Moviefone, AOL Music, Netscape and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) . He is also known for establishing websites TMZ, Fanhouse, BloggingStocks and Engadget. He was awarded an Emmy Award for his role as Executive Producer of the Live 8 concerts online, for which there were a total of 74 entries which had been whittled down to six finalists. It was the first Emmy ever to be awarded for non-traditional viewing platforms.
Early life and education
Bankoff is the son of Marvin Bankoff and Adrienne Bankoff, and the stepson of Donna Bankoff. He was raised in Upper Saddle River, New Jersey and New York City, New York. Bankoff graduated from Emory University with a BA in International studies. He also holds an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- WEDDINGS/CELEBRATIONS; Diane Elson, James Bankoff - New York Times
- The 16th Annual Stanford Accel Symposium
- James P. Bankoff Joins Providence as Senior Advisor | Reuters
- Time Warner's AOL Wins Emmy for New Online Category (Update1) - Bloomberg
- Live 8 on AOL Wins Emmy - Blogcritics Video
- Davis, Noah (July 24, 2013). "SO WHAT DO YOU DO, JIM BANKOFF, CEO OF VOX MEDIA?". Mediabistro. Retrieved October 15, 2014.
- diane elson | elson&company | tibetan carpets and dhurries