This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jim Clifton at the Thurgood Marshall College Fund Gala in 2013
|Occupation||Chairman and CEO of Gallup|
|The Coming Jobs War|
Jim Clifton is Chairman and CEO of Gallup. Clifton has served as CEO of Gallup, an analytics and advice company, since 1988. He is the author of many articles and of the book The Coming Jobs War, co-author of Entrepreneurial StrengthsFinder and creator of 'The Gallup Microeconomic Path' a behavioral economic framework focused on employees and customers, used by over 500 companies worldwide, to increase performance.. His father was Donald O. Clifton, founder of Selection Research, Inc. (SRI), which acquired the Gallup Organization in 1988.
The Coming Jobs War
Clifton authored the non-fiction book The Coming Jobs War. Clifton claims that a lack of innovation is not the problem, but rather a lack of entrepreneurship, and that for every 1,000 people there are only about three with the potential to develop an organization with $50 million or more in annual revenue.
Thurgood Marshall College Fund
Clifton is Chairman of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund. The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) is an American non-profit organization that supports and represents nearly 300,000 students attending its 47 member-schools that include public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), medical schools and law schools.
In June 2015, the Clifton Foundation and Gallup, announced a $30 million gift to the University of Nebraska to establish the Don Clifton Strengths Institute. The gift will support the early identification and accelerated development of thousands of gifted entrepreneurs and future business builders.
- Schawbel, Dan (2011-10-26). "Gallup's Jim Clifton on The Coming Jobs War". forbes.com. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "Cliftons, Gallup give $30 million to UNL". Lincoln Journal Star. www.journalstar.com. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "Why Indian workplaces are going downhill, explains Jim Clifton, CEO, Gallup". Economic Times - India. www.theeconomictimes.com. Retrieved 9 November 2014.
- "For Jobs, It's War". New York Times. Retrieved 9 November 2014.
- "Jim Clifton - This Guy Knows What You're Thinking". Livemint.com. www.livemint.com. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- Mochari, Ilan (2015). "Why Gallup Is Funding a $30 Million B-School Lab at the University of Nebraska". Inc.com. Retrieved November 18, 2018.
- Anders, George (2013). "Popularity Wars: Elite Gallup Now Battles Cut-Rate Rivals". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-11-18.
- Buckingham, Marcus (2012). "Strengths Campus History". Strengths Campus. Archived from the original on June 19, 2012. Retrieved June 15, 2012.
- "Why Entrepreneurs Matter More Than Innovators". Gallup Press. www.gallup.com. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Cliftons, Gallup give $30 million to UNL". Lincoln Journal Star. 2015-06-05. Retrieved 2015-06-05.