Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup Tag Team Tournament
|Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup Tag Team Tournament|
|Other name(s)||Crockett Cup|
|Created by||Jim Crockett Jr.|
|First event||Crockett Cup (1986)|
|Last event||Crockett Cup (2019)|
|Event gimmick||tag team tournament|
The Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup Tag Team Tournament (also known simply as the Crockett Cup) was a tag team professional wrestling tournament held annually in the month of April from 1986 through 1988. Jim Crockett Promotions (JCP), headed by Jim Crockett Jr., hosted the Crockett Cup, held in honor of Crockett's father, JCP founder Jim Crockett Sr. The tournament format was single-elimination, with a promoted prize of $1 million (U.S.) awarded to the winning team. The Crockett Cup events also featured matches for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.
In July 2017, the Crockett Foundation, with Classic Pro Wrestling, held a new Crockett Foundation Cup Tag Team Tournament in New Kent, Virginia. Bobby Fulton, The Barbarian, and The Rock 'n' Roll Express were previous tournament wrestlers that took part in the event. The Geordie Bulldogs (Mark Denny and Sean Denny) were tournament champions.  In October 2018 during the NWA 70th Anniversary Show, it was announced that the Crockett Cup would be returning in 2019.
List of winners
- 1986: The Road Warriors (Animal and Hawk)
- 1987: The Super Powers (Nikita Koloff and Dusty Rhodes)
- 1988: Sting and Lex Luger
- 2019: Villain Enterprises (Brody King & PCO)
Crockett Cup dates and venues
|1986||April 19, 1986||New Orleans, Louisiana||Louisiana Superdome||The Road Warriors (Animal and Hawk) vs. Ronnie Garvin and Magnum T.A.|||
|1987||April 10, 1987||Baltimore Maryland||Baltimore Arena||Ole Anderson vs. Big Bubba in a Last man standing steel cage match|||
|April 11, 1987||The Super Powers (Nikita Koloff and Dusty Rhodes) vs. Tully Blanchard and Lex Luger|
|1988||April 22, 1988||Greenville, South Carolina||Greenville Memorial Auditorium||The Road Warriors (Animal and Hawk) vs. Ronnie Garvin and Magnum T.A.|||
|April 23, 1988||Greensboro, North Carolina||Greensboro Coliseum||Sting and Lex Luger vs. Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard|
|2019||April 27, 2019||Concord, North Carolina||Cabarrus Arena||Nick Aldis (c) vs. Marty Scurll for the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship|||
- Cawthon, Graham (2013). the History of Professional Wrestling Vol 3:Jim Crockett and the NWA World Title 1983-1989. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ASIN 149480347X.CS1 maint: ASIN uses ISBN (link)
- "NWA partners with Ring of Honor to carry on the history of the Crockett Cup in North Carolina". Ring of Honor. Retrieved January 3, 2019.
- Coulson, Steve (2019-06-20). "WWE Network Adds Latest 'Holy Grail' Hidden Gems Addition with Four Hour Long Crockett Cup 1986". WWE Network News. Retrieved 2019-06-20.
- "Crockett Foundation Cup Tag Team Tournament is One Week Away". The Mid-Atlantic Gateway. Retrieved July 16, 2017.
- "NWA's Crockett Cup tournament to return in 2019". 21 October 2018. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "1st Annual Crockett Cup". Pro Wrestling History. April 19, 1986. Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- "2nd Annual Crockett Cup". Pro Wrestling History. Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- "3rd Annual Crockett Cup". Pro Wrestling History. Retrieved January 10, 2019.