Fielder attended Loara High School in Anaheim, California. While at Loara, the young Fielder befriended classmates Tim Buckley and Larry Beckett, a relationship that would launch Fielder into the music industry. Prior to joining BS&T he worked with Buckley, and he played in several other notable bands including Mastin & Brewer with Mike Brewer and Billy Mundi, Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention (for whom he played rhythm guitar), and Buffalo Springfield.
Since he departed from BS&T, Fielder has worked extensively in the music industry both studio and live performances, and for 40+ years was a standing member of Neil Sedaka's band.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2012)
All albums are with Blood, Sweat & Tears unless otherwise noted.
- Tim Buckley (1966) - with Tim Buckley
- Absolutely Free (1966) – with The Mothers of Invention
- Buffalo Springfield Again (1967) – with Buffalo Springfield on "Everydays"
- Child Is Father to the Man (1968) – Blood, Sweat & Tears : RIAA Gold, #47
- Tell It Like It Is (A&M/CTI, 1969) – with George Benson
- Blood, Sweat & Tears (1968) – 1970 Grammy Award for Album of the Year, RIAA 4 x Multi-Platinum–, #1
- Blood, Sweat & Tears 3 (1970) – RIAA Gold, #1
- Blood, Sweat & Tears 4 (1971) – RIAA Gold, #10
- New Blood (1972) – #32
- No Sweat (1973) – #72
- What Goes Up! The Best of Blood, Sweat & Tears (1995)