Fielder attended Loara High School in Anaheim, California. While at Loara, the young Fielder befriended classmates Tim Buckley and Larry Beckett, a relationship that would launch Fielder into the music industry. Prior to joining BS&T he worked with Buckley, and he played in several other notable bands including Mastin & Brewer with Mike Brewer and Billy Mundi, The Mothers of Invention (for whom he played rhythm guitar), and Buffalo Springfield.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2012)
All albums are with Blood, Sweat & Tears unless otherwise noted.
- Tim Buckley (1966) - with Tim Buckley
- Absolutely Free (1966) – with The Mothers of Invention
- Buffalo Springfield Again (1967) – with Buffalo Springfield on "Everydays"
- Child Is Father to the Man (1968) – Blood, Sweat & Tears : RIAA Gold, #47
- Tell It Like It Is (A&M/CTI, 1969) – with George Benson
- Blood, Sweat & Tears (1968) – 1970 Grammy Award for Album of the Year, RIAA 4 x Multi-Platinum–, #1
- Blood, Sweat & Tears 3 (1970) – RIAA Gold, #1
- Blood, Sweat & Tears 4 (1971) – RIAA Gold, #10
- New Blood (1972) – #32
- No Sweat (1973) – #72
- What Goes Up! The Best of Blood, Sweat & Tears (1995)