Jim French (radio host)
|Died||December 20, 2017 (aged 89)|
Seattle, Washington, U.S.
|Occupation||Radio presenter, voice actor|
|Spouse(s)||Patricia Anne Soule (1950-2017; her death)|
James R. French (September 28, 1928 - December 20, 2017) was an American radio personality and producer who has written and produced, as of 2011, over 803 radio shows, including The Adventures of Harry Nile and The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes series.
Life and career
This section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
French became morning DJ on KIRO (AM) in Seattle in 1959. He later began production of Imagination Theatre, which in 2003 moved to KIXI-AM His syndicated programs are now broadcast on over 120 stations in the U.S. and Canada, and are also heard on the XM Satellite Radio system all over North America.
He made an appearance on NBC's Pandora's Clock (1996) in the role of an Army non-com. He provided the voice for the Scientist in Gunman Chronicles, Father Grigori in Half-Life 2, the Fisherman in Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Bill in the games Left 4 Dead and Payday: The Heist (as a cameo in the opening cutscene to one of the missions), and Elder Titan in Dota 2.
In late January 2017, it was formally announced via the Imagination Theater Facebook page that, due to age and health issues, Jim French and his family would be closing down their production company and discontinuing all broadcasts of Imagination Theater at the end of March 2017. French died on December 20, 2017 at age 89. He was predeceased by his wife Pat, who had died earlier the same year.
- Mclennan, Douglas (October 6, 1997) 'Retired' KIRO host French to tape 100th radio drama. Seattle Post-Intelligencer; accessed June 21, 2017.
- Bundy, June (January 19, 1959). Vox Jox. Billboard
- Virgin, Bill (January 9, 2003). 'Imagination Theatre' goes to new home at KIXI. Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- others, The Zen Cart™ Team and. "About Us : Imagination Theater, Jim French Productions, Radio Mysteries, Radio Dramas". Imagination Theater Mystery Radio Audio Drama. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- "Voice Actor Behind Left 4 Dead's Bill Character Has Passed Away". WWG. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- Jim French
|This United States biographical article related to radio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American voice actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|