Jim Gianopulos with Dimitris Droutsas, 2010
|Born||James N. Gianopulos
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Boston University (B.A.)
Fordham University (J.D.)
New York University (LL.M.)
|Occupation||Chairman and CEO of Fox Filmed Entertainment|
James N. "Jim" Gianopulos is an American businessman. He serves as the chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Fox Filmed Entertainment.
James N. Gianopulos was born in New York City. He is a second-generation Greek American. He graduated from Boston University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1973, received a Juris Doctor from the Fordham University School of Law in 1976, and a LLM program from the New York University School of Law.
He was co-Chair of the Fox Filmed Entertainment with Tom Rothman from 2000 to 2012. In 2006, the Gianopoulos and Rothman team had greenlit twenty movies that produced over $100 million domestically ($117 million in current dollars) and 26 movies that fetched $100 million internationally ($117 million in current dollars)..
He has been the sole chairman since 2012. As such, he heads 20th Century Fox, Fox Searchlight, Fox 2000, Fox Animation/Blue Sky Studios, Fox International Productions and Fox Home Entertainment. He has argued for a closer relationship between Hollywood and the Silicon Valley, especially with regards to anti-piracy efforts.
He serves on the Board of Directors of the Motion Picture & Television Fund. He is also on the Board of Trustees of the X Prize Foundation as well as the Board of the University of Southern California Entertainment Technology Committee.
In 2013 he joined USC's School of Cinematic Arts Board of Councilors.
- National Innovation Conference 2014: James Gianopulos
- Brent Lang, Fox’s Jim Gianopulos Leads Studio Through Uncertain Times, Variety, August 19, 2014
- X Prize Foundation: Board of Trustees
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek: James N. Gianopulos
- Kim Masters, Matthew Belloni, Jim Gianopulos Closing New Long-Term Deal at 20th Century Fox, The Hollywood Reporter, January 11, 2013
- “Consumer Price Index: All Urban Consumers, U.S. City Average, All Items,” U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics. April 15, 2009. (Retrieved 2009-05-13.)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Community Development Project. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- Kim Masters, Rothman Leaving 20th Century Fox, The Hollywood Reporter, September 14, 2012
- Motion Picture and Television Fund: Board of Directors
- "Jim Gianopulos Joins Board of Councilors". USC School of Cinematic Arts. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jim Gianopulos.|