Jim Gianopulos with Dimitris Droutsas in 2010
|Born||James N. Gianopulos
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Boston University (B.A.)
Fordham University (J.D.)
New York University (LL.M.)
|Occupation||Chairman and CEO of Fox Filmed Entertainment|
James N. "Jim" Gianopulos is a Greek-American businessman. He serves as the chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Fox Filmed Entertainment.
James N. Gianopulos was born in New York City. He is a second-generation Greek American. He graduated from Boston University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1973, received a Juris Doctor from the Fordham University School of Law in 1976, and a LLM program from the New York University School of Law.
He was co-Chair of the Fox Filmed Entertainment with Tom Rothman from 2000 to 2012. In 2006, the Gianopoulos and Rothman team had greenlit twenty movies that produced over $100 million domestically ($119 million in current dollars) and 26 movies that fetched $100 million internationally ($119 million in current dollars)..
He has been the sole chairman since 2012. As such, he heads 20th Century Fox, Fox Searchlight, Fox 2000, Fox Animation/Blue Sky Studios, Fox International Productions and Fox Home Entertainment. He has argued for a closer relationship between Hollywood and the Silicon Valley, especially with regards to anti-piracy efforts.
He serves on the Board of Directors of the Motion Picture & Television Fund. He is also on the Board of Trustees of the X Prize Foundation as well as the Board of the University of Southern California Entertainment Technology Committee.
In 2013 he joined USC's School of Cinematic Arts Board of Councilors.
- National Innovation Conference 2014: James Gianopulos
- Brent Lang, Fox’s Jim Gianopulos Leads Studio Through Uncertain Times, Variety, August 19, 2014
- X Prize Foundation: Board of Trustees
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek: James N. Gianopulos
- Kim Masters, Matthew Belloni, Jim Gianopulos Closing New Long-Term Deal at 20th Century Fox, The Hollywood Reporter, January 11, 2013
- “Consumer Price Index: All Urban Consumers, U.S. City Average, All Items,” U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics. April 15, 2009. (Retrieved 2009-05-13.)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Community Development Project. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved January 2, 2017.
- Kim Masters, Rothman Leaving 20th Century Fox, The Hollywood Reporter, September 14, 2012
- Motion Picture and Television Fund: Board of Directors
- "Jim Gianopulos Joins Board of Councilors". USC School of Cinematic Arts. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jim Gianopulos.|