Jim Henson Television
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Some of the more notable television programs produced by the Henson organization include:
- Sesame Street- In 1969, the creator of Sesame Street asked Jim Henson to be on the show to improve the creativity of the show. On the show, Jim Henson portrayed characters Guy Smiley and Ernie. However, his biggest work came when he created and portrayed Kermit the Frog. Kermit is an iconic character and still remains popular today. Jim Henson's work on the show is one of the reasons why it is still popular today.
- The Muppet Show 1976–1981 – syndicated variety show. Due to Henson's success on Sesame Street, he was able to give his creations more exposure and get them discovered. In 1974, he created The muppet show which lead to other characters being created such as Rizzo the rat, Fozzie the bear, Ms piggy, Rowlf the dog. The show lasted for about nine years and the characters on the show still exist today. This show got a lot of popularity and the familiarity of Kermit the Frog to viewers helped the show. Guest stars even appeared on the show such as John Denver. 
- Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas 1977 – Christmas special produced for HBO
- Fraggle Rock 1983–1987 – Children's musical television series produced for HBO This show was created by Jim Henson. It was a musical show that featured four types of characters: Doozers, Gorgs, Fraggles, and Silly creatures of outer space.
- Jim Henson's Muppet Babies1984–1991 – Animated children's television series
- Jim Henson's Little Muppet Monsters1985 – Animated/Live Action children's television series
- The Tale of the Bunny Picnic 1986 – Television special
- Jim Henson's The Storyteller 1987–1989 – Anthology series produced for ITV and NBC.
- The Jim Henson Hour 1989 – Variety show produced for NBC.
- Jim Henson's The Storyteller: Greek Myths 1990 – Anthology series.
- Dinosaurs 1991–1994 – Sitcom produced for ABC.
- Jim Henson's Secret Life of Toys 1994 – Limited-run series produced for the Disney Channel.
- The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss 1996–1997 – Live-action/puppet series produced for Nickelodeon
- Bear in the Big Blue House1997–2003 – Mixed live-action and animated series produced for the Disney Channel. this show was developed by the Jim Henson company that featured characters that would appeal to younger children.
- Brats of the Lost Nebula (1998) – Computer Animated Series produced for Kids' WB!.
- It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie 2002 – Christmas movie featuring the Muppets
- Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story – Mini-series
- Animal Jam – 2003–present – live-action puppet dance party, airs on TLC and Discovery Kids.
- Davis, Michael (2008). Street gang The complete history of Sesame Street. New York: Penguin. ISBN 978-0-14-311663-9.
- Legal rights owned by the Walt Disney Company after purchasing the rights and creative ownership for The Muppet Show characters, as well as Bear in the Big Blue House in 2004. http://www.jimhenson.com/muppets.php
- Henson, Jim (2011-11-08). It's Not Easy Being Green: And Other Things to Consider. Hyperion. ISBN 9781401304355.
- Morrow, Robert W. (2006-01-01). Sesame Street and the Reform of Children's Television. JHU Press. ISBN 9780801882302.
|This article about a media company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|