Jim Herrick (born 1944) is a British Humanist and secularist. He studied history and English literature at Trinity College, Cambridge University, and then worked as a school teacher for seven years. He has written or edited several books on humanism or the history of freethought.
Herrick is a trustee of the Rationalist Association and was editor of its journal New Humanist for 18 years from 1984. He subsequently became literary editor of New Humanist until his retirement in 2005. He was the recipient of the second International Rationalist Award in the year 2002.
He was editor of International Humanist News, published by the International Humanist and Ethical Union (IHEU). In 1996 he received the Distinguished Humanist Service Award from the IHEU. He was a signatory to Humanist Manifesto III.
- Aspiring to the Truth: Two Hundred Years of the South Place Ethical Society. (2016). With an introduction by Nicolas Walter. Published by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 1-5329793-7-1.
- Humanism: An Introduction. (2003). ISBN 0-301-00301-7. (Also published by Prometheus Books, 2005. ISBN 1-59102-239-8)
- Humanist Anthology: From Confucius to David Attenborough. (1995). London, Rationalist Press Association. Edited by Margaret Knight; 2nd edition, revised by Jim Herrick. ISBN 0-301-94001-0
- Against the Faith: Some Deists, Skeptics and Atheists. (1985). London: Glover & Blair. ISBN 0-906681-09-X (Also published by Prometheus Books, 1994. ISBN 0-87975-288-2).
- Vision and Realism: A Hundred Years of The Freethinker. (1982). London: GW Foote & Co. ISBN 0-9508243-0-5
- Selected articles for New Humanist on the newhumanist.org.uk website.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 21 June 2010. Retrieved 9 June 2009.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Bulletin # 90". rationalistinternational.net. Archived from the original on 20 August 2008. Retrieved 9 June 2009.
- "Notable Signers". Humanism and Its Aspirations. American Humanist Association. Archived from the original on 5 October 2012. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- See NSS Bulletin, Issue 38, Spring 2008, p.3,
- See NSS Annual Report 2010, p.15
- "Jim Herrick". newhumanist.org.uk.