Jim Holloway (artist)
James Holloway (died June 28, 2020) was an artist whose work appeared in role-playing games.
Jim Holloway produced interior illustrations for many Dungeons & Dragons books and Dragon magazine starting in 1981, as well as cover art for The Land Beyond the Magic Mirror and Dungeonland (1983), and Mad Monkey vs. the Dragon Claw (1988), the Spelljammer: AD&D Adventures in Space boxed set (1989), Ronin Challenge (1990).
Holloway was the original artist for the Paranoia role-playing game, and also did the cover for Tales from the Floating Vagabond from Avalon Hill. He also created artwork for many products from FASA's BattleTech game line (BattleTech, CityTech, AeroTech, etc). He produced artwork for many other games including Chill (Pacesetter Ltd) and Sovereign Stone (Sovereign Press). He also created the opening and closing animation sequences for the video game Beyond Shadowgate.
He worked with actress/models such as Brinke Stevens and Crystal Gonzales.
On June 28, 2020, on Holloway's Facebook group page "The Art of Jim Holloway", Holloway's son posted a notice that he had died earlier that day.
- The Art of Jim Holloway: Meet Jim (Q&A)
- Shannon Appelcline (2011). Designers & Dragons. Mongoose Publishing. p. 179. ISBN 978-1-907702-58-7.
- "At the Deadline". GamePro (54). IDG. January 1994. p. 260.
- "The Art of Jim Holloway". Facebook. 2020-06-28. Retrieved 2020-07-10.
I feel like it’s necessary to post this because of all of the support everyone has given my dad over the course of this group. Earlier today, he passed away peacefully.
- "Jim Holloway :: Pen & Paper RPG Database". Archived from the original on January 3, 2009. Retrieved September 6, 2010.