|Full name||James Harley Lauchlan|
|Date of birth||2 February 1977|
|Place of birth||Glasgow, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|2000||→ Barnsley (loan)||0||(0)|
|2006–2008||Queen of the South||39||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Lauchlan started his career with Kilmarnock, where he made 81 league appearances. Following a loan spell with Barnsley in 2000, Lauchlan signed for Dundee United, where he played 80 league games over three years. In December 2003, he joined former United manager Alex Smith at Ross County, where 72 league matches brought five goals. In 2006-07, he signed for Queen of the South. He was released by Queens in May 2008 and agreed terms with Dundee after being involved with their pre-season training camp in Malta. Having been named as Dundee's player of the year for the 2009/10 season, he was released by the club on 4 May 2010 along with 8 other players.
In July 2010, Lauchlan signed for Sligo Rovers. In January 2011 Jim left the club, and headed back to Scotland to sign for Scottish Second Division side Ayr United. He was released at the end of the season as Ayr won promotion to the Scottish First Division.
- Scottish League Challenge Cup Dundee 2009
- FAI Cup Sligo Rovers
- FAI League of Ireland Cup Sligo Rovers
- "Dundee aim to axe 16 from squad". BBC Sport. 2010-05-04. Retrieved 2010-05-04.
- "Rovers sign McEvilly and Jim". Sligo Rovers F.C. 2 July 2012. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "Chairmans Blog". Ayr United F.C. 10 February 2011. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "Ayr start preparing for life in First Division". Scottish Football League. 31 May 2011. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "Subs off the bench and back in business". Glasgow News. 5 November 2009. Retrieved 28 May 2012.