|Date of birth||27 January 1960|
|Place of birth||Dunfermline, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|1987||→ Montrose (loan)||4||(0)|
|1988||→ East Fife (loan)||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
He then became the manager of East Fife in 2002. He achieved promotion from the Third Division in 2003, but the club were relegated in the following season. He was sacked in 2006 after a run of defeats.
Jim Moffat was appointed as Steven Tweed's assistant joining the club in June 2009 from Tayport Juniors where he held a similar position. 
On 3 June 2010, Montrose boss Steven Tweed has decided to part company with his assistant, the former East Fife and Forfar manager Jim Moffat. The duo teamed up at Links Park twelve months ago as Tweed looked to have an old head on board as he started his first full season as a player/manager. 
Moffat is a principal teacher of physical education at St Columba's High in Dunfermline, Fife. He was principal teacher of physical education at Bell Baxter High School in Cupar in late 90s to mid 00s. 
- East Fife
- East Fife dismiss manager Moffat, BBC Sport, 6 February 2006.
- "Forfar exit for manager Moffat". BBC News. 2008-04-21. Retrieved April 21, 2008.
- Celtic tie has minnows riding on the crest of a wave Third Division
- Newcastle Fans profile
- Jim Moffat career statistics at Soccerbase
- Jim Moffat management career statistics at Soccerbase