|First appearance||Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos #38 (January 1967)|
Roy Thomas (writer)|
Dick Ayers (artist)
|Team affiliations||Howling Commandos|
Fictional character biography
Jim Morita is a Japanese-American soldier during World War II. Morita is a Nisei soldier whose squadron assisted Sergeant Fury's Howling Commandos on several missions. His squad was at one point captured and sent to a Nazi prison camp, but were broken out by the Commandos.
Powers and abilities
Jim Morita was a trained soldier.
In other media
- Jim Morita appears in the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode "Shadows", portrayed by Kenneth Choi. He is present with Peggy Carter when Daniel Whitehall and the Hydra agents with him are arrested.
- Jim Morita was adapted for the film Captain America: The First Avenger, played by actor Kenneth Choi. He appear as a member of the Howling Commandos. He hails from Fresno, California where he was part of the Nisei Squadron. He was captured by Hydra along with Dum Dum Dugan, Gabe Jones, James Montgomery Falsworth and Jacques Dernier. They were liberated by Captain America and afterwards helped fight off the Red Skull's forces.
- Choi also plays Principal Morita in Spider-Man: Homecoming. He is the unspecified descendant of Jim Morita and is the principal of Midtown School of Science and Technology. Principal Morita first appears where he catches Peter Parker planning to sneak out during an exam and gives him detention which was overseen by Coach Wilson. After Peter Parker snuck out of detention and lost the Stark internship after what happened at the Staten Island Ferry, Principal Morita decides not to punish Peter and tells him that he was "a good kid". A photo of Jim Morita can be seen in his office.
- Jim Morita appears in Captain America: Super Soldier, voiced by Kenneth Choi.
- Mike Friedrich (w), Dick Ayers (p). "The Informer" Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos 57 (August 1968), Marvel Comics
- Logan, Michael (September 10, 2014). "First Look: Haley Atwell's Agent Carter on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." TV Guide. Archived from the original on September 10, 2014. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- Coratelli, Carlo (May 7, 2011). "Intervista a Kenneth Choi – Jim Morita in "Captain America: The First Avenger"". ComicUS.it. Archived from the original on 2011-07-05. Retrieved May 29, 2011.. Scroll down to English translation.
- Busch, Anita (June 9, 2016). "Kenneth Choi Joins Sony/Marvel's 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on June 10, 2016. Retrieved June 9, 2016.
- Jim Morita at the Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe
|This article about a Marvel Comics character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|