Jim Morris (bodybuilder)
Jim Morris (August 31, 1935 – January 28, 2016) was an American bodybuilder known for winning competitions over a thirty-year career. Among the titles Morris won are: Mr. USA (1972), AAU Mr. America (1973), Mr. International (1974), and Mr. Olympia Masters Over 60 (1996). At age 50, he became a vegetarian and over 15 years transitioned to vegan, a diet to which he credited much of his excellent health. He posed nude for a PETA ad in support of the vegan lifestyle.
In March 2014 a short documentary-film starring Jim Morris titled "Jim Morris: Lifelong Fitness" was released on YouTube. The film focuses on his lifelong body building career, vegan lifestyle and Morris' yearning to break stereotypes attached to the elderly.
Morris died on January 28, 2016 at the age of 80.
- 1959 AAU Mr. New York Metropolitan - 3rd
- 1967 AAU Junior Mr. America - 8th
- 1967 AAU Junior Mr. USA - 1st
- 1967 AAU Mr. New York Metropolitan - 1st
- 1967 AAU Mr. New York State - 1st
- 1967 AAU Mr. USA - AAU - 9th
- 1968 AAU Mr. America - 10th
- 1969 AAU Junior Mr. America - 5th
- 1970 AAU Mr. America - 8th (most muscular)
- 1970 AAU Mr. America - 7th
- 1970 AAU Mr. California - 1st (overall and most muscular)
- 1970 AAU Mr. Los Angeles - 1st
- 1971 IFBB Mr. International - 2nd (tall)
- 1972 AAU Mr. America - 3rd (most muscular)
- 1972 AAU Mr. USA - 1st (most muscular)
- 1973 AAU Mr. America - 1st (most muscular)
- 1974 WBBG Mr. International - 1st (tall)
- 1977 NABBA Mr. Universe - 1st (tall)
- 1996 IFBB Masters Olympia - 1st (masters 60+)
- 1996 IFBB Masters Olympia - 10th
- Richard Thornley Jr - Thorsoft Corporation. "Jim Morris Personal Training - Competitive Career". Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- Shane Roberts," Black Male Vegan: 77-Year-Old Bodybuilder Jim Morris Proves Vegans Can Be Muscular & Healthy," Frugivoremag.com, 2 October 2012.
- "78-Year-Old Vegan Male Bodybuilder, Jim Morris, Will Make You Reconsider Your Diet," Huffington Post UK, 8 January 2014.
- "Los Angeles and Southern California News - ABC7 KABC". ABC7 Los Angeles. Archived from the original on 2 October 2009. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Los Angeles Times: Archives - New Career for a Mr. America". Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Mr. America has bulk -- three decades after winning the title". latimes. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- John Jameson (August 28, 2008). "70 Is the New 40". Archived from the original on January 15, 2010. Retrieved March 27, 2010.
- "Jim Morris: Vegan Bodybuilder Dies Aged 80". greatveganathletes.com.
- Jim Morris
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Jim Morris|
|This biographical article relating to bodybuilding in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|