Jim Ned Consolidated Independent School District
Jim Ned Consolidated Independent School District is a school district based in Tuscola, Texas (USA). The district serves approximately 1,000 students in southeastern Taylor County, including the towns of Tuscola, Buffalo Gap and Lawn. A small portion of northeastern Runnels County lies within the district. The district is named after the Jim Ned Creek, which runs through all three towns. The creek is named after Jim Ned, who was an Indian cavalry scout for the US Army.
- Jim Ned High School (Grades 9–12)
- Jim Ned Middle School (Grades 6–8)
- Jim Ned Elementary School – Buffalo Gap Campus (Grades K-5)
- Jim Ned Elementary School – Lawn Campus (Grades PreK-5)
- Schroeder, George (October 5, 2006). "McCoy still big news in small town" (PDF). Oklahoman. Archived from the original (PDF) on April 1, 2017. Retrieved 2007-01-04.
- McCoy Bio at official web-site of Texas Longhorns Football Archived 2006-12-10 at the Wayback Machine. - Accessed February 28, 2006
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.
- Microsoft Word - list-2003.doc