Jim Senter (athletic director)
|Born||November 9, 1961|
|Alma mater||Tulsa '85|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|1981–1982||Coffeyville CC (student asst.)|
|1983–1985||Tulsa (student asst.)|
|Administrative career (AD unless noted)|
|2000–2003||Idaho (associate AD)|
|2004–2006||San Diego State (associate AD)|
|2006–2014||Colorado (associate AD)|
Jim Senter (born November 9, 1961) is a college sports administrator, currently serving as the athletic director (AD) at the University of Texas at El Paso. Previously from 2014 to 2017, Senter held the same position at The Citadel.
While studying at Coffeyville Community College, Senter served as a student assistant on the powerhouse junior college football program. He then served in the same role at Tulsa for three seasons before completing his degree in physical education. He coached for eight seasons at Idaho.
Senter began his administrative career as an associate athletic director at Idaho, before spending one academic year as AD at Idaho State. He also spent two seasons as associate AD at San Diego State and eight years at Colorado before assuming the AD role at The Citadel.
On November 22, 2017, The University of Texas at El Paso announced they had hired Senter to be their new Athletics Director. He will serve as their new athletic director while splitting time at The Citadel until he transitions completely in mid December 2017. Senter officially began at UTEP on December 18, 2017.
- Kevin Bilodeau (August 4, 2014). "The Citadel Introduces Jim Senter as Athletic Director". Charleston, SC: WCSC-TV.
- "Jim Senter Biography". Colorado Buffalo Athletics. Archived from the original on April 8, 2015. Retrieved March 23, 2015.
- Bret Bloomquist (November 22, 2017). "Jim Senter from The Citadel named new UTEP athletic director". El Paso Times. Retrieved November 22, 2017.
- "New UTEP athletic director talks about football coaching hire". El Paso Times. Retrieved November 29, 2017.
- "Jim Senter takes the helm of UTEP athletics". Retrieved December 27, 2017.