||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Jimena Gallego|
|Also known as||Jimena Carlsen|
|Born||1980 (age 36–37)|
|Origin||Mexico City, Mexico|
Crescent Moon Records
|Website||Jimena Web Page|
In June 2001, Jimena was signed to Crescent Moon Records, record label co-owned by Emilio Estefan and Sony Music. Her first album was Jimena, which included ten songs, she wrote . The single Maldita ignorancia was released in three versions, norteña, ranchera and cumbia. She has worked with and trained with Eugenia Sutti, Patricia Reyes Spíndola, Luis Felipe Tovar, Savior Sánchez, and Natalia Travena.
In 2003 she signed an additional contract with Univision Music. Her second album, En Soledad, was also produced by Emilio Estefan. She has been nominated for several awards, including Premios Lo Nuestro in 2004 for Artista Revelación and in 2006 for Singer of the Year, sharing the nomination alongside Paulina Rubio, Laura Pausini and Julieta Venegas.
In 2006 Jimena drop Volar Sin Alas Also Produced for Emilio Estefan this time her sigle "Que Onda Guey" Ft Akwid was written by Yan weynn [William Ramos Jr ] young writer sing to crecent moon records as a composer and this was an urban hit #3 in the album
She has performed in numerous venues, including Madison Square Garden, Miami Sand, and Staples Center in Los Angeles. She was a special guest in 2004, having been invited by president George W. Bush to perform in the White House.
In 2012, Jimena appeared as a guest star in Baila! Starring David Longoria, a TV Special featuring musical guests and live performances of trumpeter and singer David Longoria, rapper 5 Star and many others. The 90 minute Program included singers, musicians, dancers and guest stars. Jimena performed the Longoria penned pop trio song "Tugga War" along with David Longoria, and 5 Star. The special was broadcast on US public TV stations in 2012 and is scheduled for syndicated commercial US TV stations throughout 2013.
In 2012, Jimena appeared in the Mexican Telenovela Por ella soy Eva Starring Jaime Camil y Lucero, Produced by Rosy Ocampo for Televisa in 2012. Jimena played a small role as the journalist that cover a story on Eva at the end of the Soap Opera.
Solo albums and singles
|Volar Sin Alas
- Cobo, Leila (22 January 2005). "Latin Notas". Billboard: 23. Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- "Jimena en Pequeños Gigantes 2". Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Enfocada en su carrera Jimena Gallego". Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Jimena". billboard.com. 21 June 2003. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "Jimena mostrará su lado infantil en Pequeños Gigantes". Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- "Baila! Starring David Longoria". Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Lo que no se vio en Premios Juventud 2012". Retrieved 20 July 2012.
- MySpace Page
- English translations of Jimena's songs
- es:Jimena (cantante) (es Wikipedia).
- Sitio Oficial de Jimena
- Univision Pequenos Gigantes TV Host Page
- Univision Jimena Music Page
- Jimena Artist OcioLatino Article
- Jimena Actress Newspaper Article