Jimmy B. Bedford
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jimmy B. Bedford (June 10, 1927 – 1990) was the former head of the University of Alaska Fairbanks journalism department. He is also the author of Around the World on a Nickel (1967). There is a Jimmy B. Bedford Memorial Scholarship set up in his honor. He was presented with the Howard Rock Award in 1977. He also contributed to the Concise English Afghan Dari Dictionary, revised and enlarged, with Sardar M. Ah. Sakaria of Kabul University, published in January 1973.
- Jimmy Bedford: Around the World on a Nickel, Associated Publishing House (incorporating Vir Publishing House), New Delhi-5 (1967)
- "College of Liberal Arts: Scholarships available to CLA students". UAF Development & Advancement Services. Retrieved 20 December 2009.
- "Journalism teacher honored". Anchorage Daily News. 14 November 1977. p. 2. Retrieved 20 December 2009.
- Bedford, Professor Jimmy. "Foreword to the autobiography of Emily Ivanoff Brown ("Ticasuk")". University of Alaska. Archived from the original on June 6, 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-12.
- Jimmy Bedford Collection, archives of the University of Missouri
|This Alaska biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|