James William Manzie, known as Jimmy Manzie or Jim Manzie, is an Australian musician (bass guitar, vocals, lead guitar) and songwriter for a variety of bands including rock revival band Ol' 55 (1975–1979), pop groups The Breakers (1979–1982) and The Fives (1982) before turning to solo work, production and composing for film/television scores and soundtracks. As a member of Ol' 55, Manzie wrote "On the Prowl" their top 20 hit single on the Australian Kent Music Report in late 1975, which was followed by their debut album, Take It Greasy which reached No. 3 on the Kent Music Report Albums Chart in 1976.
Manzie has composed for soundtracks or scores including original music for the films The FJ Holden (1977), From a Whisper to a Scream (1987), Stepfather II (1989), Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III (1990, with Pat Regan), Eddie Presley (1992), Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings (1994), Night of the Demons 2 (1994) Fear of a Black Hat (1994, with Larry Robinson) and Sleepstalker (1995). Additionally he has composed songs for soundtracks including "The Way of All Flesh" for Tales from the Darkside: The Movie (1990).
- McFarlane, Ian (1999). "Whammo Homepage". Encyclopedia of Australian Rock and Pop. St Leonards, NSW: Allen & Unwin. ISBN 1-86508-072-1. Archived from the original on 5 April 2004. Retrieved 22 February 2010. Note: Archived [on-line] copy has limited functionality.
- Spencer, Chris; Zbig Nowara; Paul McHenry (2002) . The Who's Who of Australian Rock. Noble Park, Vic.: Five Mile Press. ISBN 1-86503-891-1. Note: [on-line] version established at White Room Electronic Publishing Pty Ltd in 2007 and was expanded from the 2002 edition.
- ""The Way of all Flesh" at APRA search engine". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). Archived from the original on 10 September 2012. Retrieved 22 February 2010.
- Spencer et al, (2007) Manzie, Jimmy entry. Retrieved 22 February 2010.
- McFarlane 'Ol' 55' entry. Retrieved 22 February 2010.
- ""On the Prowl" at APRA search engine". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). Retrieved 22 February 2010.
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992. St Ives, NSW: Australian Chart Book Ltd. ISBN 0-646-11917-6. NOTE: Used for Australian Singles and Albums charting from 1974 until ARIA created their own charts in mid-1988. In 1992, Kent back calculated chart positions for 1970–1974.
- "Jim Manzie > Filmography". AllMovie. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 22 February 2010.
- "Who's who of Australian rock / compiled by Chris Spencer, Zbig Nowara & Paul McHenry". catalogue. National Library of Australia. Retrieved 22 February 2010.