Jimmy Robinson (actor)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||James O. Robinson, Jr.
July 30, 1918
Los Angeles, California
|Died||November 2, 1967
James O. Robinson Jr. (1918-1967) was an American film actor.
Robinson was born on 30 July 1918, in Los Angeles, California, as the son of James O. Robinson, Sr.
He played the role of "Hambone" Johnson in Fontaine Fox's Mickey McGuire film series of short subjects. He was in the series from its beginning in 1927 until its end in 1934, appearing in most of the shorts in series. During his Mickey McGuire days, Robinson also appeared in other films, such as Tenderfeet and Penrod and Sam. After the McGuire series, Robinson continued to act, but mostly in bit parts.
Robinson died from an illness on 2 November 1967, at the age of 49, in his California home.
- Tenderfeet (1928)
- Penrod and Sam (1931) - Herman Washington
- Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch (1934) - Mose, Newspaper Office Boy (uncredited)
- On Probation (1935) - Negro Lad (uncredited)
- Becky Sharp (1935) - Sedley's Page
- Anthony Adverse (1936) - Black Man (uncredited)
- A Day at the Races (1937) - Extra in Jazz Number (uncredited)
- The Buccaneer (1938) - Poster Boy (uncredited)
- Phantom Gold (1938) - Pancake
- Long Shot (1939) - Tucky
- South of Suez (1940) - Spying Native Boy (uncredited)
- The Lone Wolf Keeps a Date (1940) - Second Black Newsboy (uncredited)
- The Black Klansman (1966) - Barnaby