|Occupation||Author, columnist, editor|
|Alma mater||Duke University (BA)|
Soni was born to Rajasthani parents in Toulouse, France, and raised in Chicago, Illinois. He attended Duke University and graduated in 2007. During his time at Duke he was chairman of the Honors Council and Vice President of Duke Student Government.
Soni has been the managing editor at The Huffington Post since January 2012. Previously he had worked as a strategy consultant at McKinsey and Company, as well as a speech writer at the office of the Mayor of the District of Columbia.
Soni has co-authored several pieces with fellow Duke graduate Rob Goodman; their work has been featured in Politico, The Huffington Post, Business Insider, AdWeek, and The Atlantic, among others. In 2012, Thomas Dunne Books a division of St. Martin's Press, published their first book a biography of Cato the Younger, titled Rome's Last Citizen: The Life and Legacy of Cato, Mortal Enemy of Caesar.
In 2012, Soni was named to AdWeek's "Young Influentials", a list of 20 people under 40 "who are wicked smart and rebooting your world". He was featured at a TEDx event held at Duke University in March 2012. The In May 2014, Soni transferred to India where he was in charge of launching the Huffington Post in the country. He left the company before the launch to focus on writing a book.
In 2014, Forbes named Soni one of the 30 people under 30 years of age in the media. That same year the New York Observer listed him as the most "poachable" tech talent. Previously, Soni was named one of Crain Communications' 40 Under Forty talents.
- Byers, Dylan (January 10, 2012). "Nico Pitney out, Jimmy Soni in at HuffPost". Politico.
- "The Young Influentials Adweek picks 20 under 40 who are wicked smart and rebooting your world". AdWeek. March 19, 2012.
- Man of Letters Vogue India. May 25, 2015
- Pompeo, Joe (January 10, 2012). "Top Arianna Huffington Deputy, managing editor Nico Pitney, to leave The Huffington Post". Capital New York.
- "A Day in the Life of a Day". TEDx.
- Soni, Jimmy (May 18, 2010). "WLP Alumni Profile – Jimmy Soni, Class of 2004". Washington Leadership Program.
- Lincoln, Kevin (January 10, 2012). "This 26-Year-Old Is About To Become The Managing Editor Of The Huffington Post". Business Insider. Archived from the original on May 3, 2013.
- Tate, Ryan (January 10, 2012). "Meet the 26-Year-Old Assistant Now Managing the Huffington Post Newsroom". Gawker.
- Soni, Jimmy (May 29, 2012). "National Security As Culture War: Why Civil Libertarians Lose the Argument". The Huffington Post.
- Soni, Jimmy (August 10, 2011). "Happy Birthday, Herbert Hoover: The Lost Legacy of a Hated President". The Atlantic.
- "Rome's Last Citizen: The Life and Legacy of Cato, Mortal Enemy of Caesar". Amazon.
- "Jimmy Soni on DukeConnect". DukeConnect.
- Lloyd, Glorida (April 2, 2012). "TEDxDuke speakers encourage innovation". Duke Chronicle.
- Bercovici, Jeff 30 Under 30: The Next Generation of Media Moguls, Machers and Mavens Forbes. May 25, 2015
- Mulshine, Molly, Jordyn Taylor, Jack Smith IV Betabeat's 2014 Most Poachable Tech Talent New York Observer. May 25, 2015
- 40 Under Forty Crain's New York Business. May 25, 2015
- Erickson, Kurt. "Former Huffington Post editor on Greitens transition team".