Jimmy Vee at Comic Con, Newcastle in 2016
|Born||5 November 1959|
|Height||1.12 m (3 ft 8 in)|
Jimmy Vee (born 5 November 1959) is a Scottish actor and stunt performer. He is best known for playing a number of Doctor Who monsters and aliens, as well as the actor for R2-D2 in the upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
He identifies as a dwarf, standing 1.12 metres (3 ft 8 in) tall, the same height as Kenny Baker who originally played R2-D2.
|2001||Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone||Goblin||Uncredited|
|2007||Skins: Secret Party||Digger||Short film|
|2015||Star Wars: The Force Awakens||R2-D2||Uncredited|
|2017||Star Wars: The Last Jedi||R2-D2|
|2017||Dark Ascension||Evil Dwarf|
|2001||Weirdsister College||Gargoyle||Episode: "The Gargoyle"|
|2005–2007, 2010, 2014||Doctor Who||Moxx of Balhoon
|Episodes: "The End of the World"
"Aliens of London"
"Attack of the Graske"
"Voyage of the Damned"
"The End of Time"
|2007–10||The Sarah Jane Adventures||Carl Slitheen
|Episodes: Revenge of the Slitheen
"Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane?"
"The Temptation of Sarah Jane Smith"
"Death of the Doctor"
|2008||Music of the Spheres||Graske||TV short film|
|2009||Prom 13: Doctor Who Prom|
|From Raxacoricofallapatorius with Love||Slitheen||TV special for Comic Relief|
- "Scots actor Jimmy Vee hotly tipped to join Star Wars cast.. but admits he doesn't even know a light saber - Daily Record". Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- "Midlands MCM Expo - Sept '08 - Part 6 - Jimmy Vee 1 - YouTube". Retrieved April 8, 2016.
- "Doctor Who actor Jimmy Vee is the new R2-D2 in Star Wars Episode 8 | Metro News". Metro.co.uk. 2015-11-16. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- "Kenny Baker, actor behind R2-D2, dies". The Guardian. 13 August 2016.
- McNary, Dave (14 February 2017). "‘Star Wars’: R2-D2 Role to Be Filled by Jimmy Vee in ‘The Last Jedi’". Variety.
- Jimmy Vee on Internet Movie Database
- BBC article about his casting
- Oh So Small - Sole Representative
- Interview with the Daily Record
|This article about a British television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|