Jimmy the Greek (restaurant)
|Founded||Toronto, Ontario, Canada (1985)|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Jimmy the Greek is a quick service restaurant franchise serving Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. In 1963, Jim Antonopoulos from Nafplio, Greece, arrived in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He started the Epikourion, Exquisite Greek Restaurant & Bar in First Canadian Place. The success of the restaurant spun off the current franchise which has 45 locations in Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario, including more than 25 in the Greater Toronto Area. There are also locations in Dubai, UAE. Its outlets are almost exclusively located in the food courts of suburban shopping malls.
- Kane, Marion (August 30, 1989). "Sherway Gardens food court opens", Toronto Star, p. B8.
- (March 14, 2005). "Jimmy the Greek concentrates on Ottawa, Greater Toronto; could consider west coast", Monday Report on Retailers 32 (11): 4–5.
- Walpole, Mary (May 24, 1980). "Dining around town: Eureka! Epikourion", Toronto Star, p. D16.
- Ogilvie, Megan (April 22, 2011). "The Dish: Greek salad and spinach pie have many calories and too much fat", Toronto Star, p. L4.
- Landfried, Janet (December 19, 2009). "Dubai: malls, malls and more malls", Redlands Daily Facts.
|This Canada-based restaurant or restaurant chain article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|