|Birth name||Jamie Odell|
|Origin||Braintree, Essex, United Kingdom|
|Genres||Deep house, house, jungle, acid jazz, electronica|
Jimpster (aka Audiomontage, aka Franc Spangler, real name Jamie Odell) is a British deep house producer and DJ. Together with Tom Roberts, he founded the labels Freerange Records and Delusions of Grandeur. While producing his own tracks and playing live shows, Jimpster has also worked on remixes, including a remix of the song 400 years by Bob Marley.
Born into a musical family, Jimpster was influenced and encouraged by his father Roger Odell who is the drummer in the jazz-funk band Shakatak. It was there that he was first exposed to electronic synthesizers and recording equipment at around age 10. He started Freerange records in 1996, a label that has since found a niche in deep house with artists like Shur-I-Kan and Milton Jackson. Jimpster played in a live electronica band, The Bays, from 2002 until 2007, but eventually decided to focus on djing and his record label.
- Martian Arts (1997), Instinct Ambient
- Messages From the Hub (1999), Kudos
- Live At Soundofspeed (2000), Soundofspeed
- Domestic Science (2002), Kudos
- Amour (2006), Freerange Records
- Porchlight and Rocking Chairs (2013), Freerange Records
Singles and EPs
- Initial EP (1996), Freerange Records
- Interconnect EP (1997), Kudos
- Deepdown EP (2001), Kudos
- Martian Arts (1996), Freerange Records
- Perennial Pleasures (1997), Kudos
- Seeing Is Believing (2000), Kudos
- State of Mind (2002), Kudos
- Armour LP Sampler (2006), Freerange
- Square Up (2006), Buzzin' Fly Records
- Dangly Panther (2008), Freerange Records
- Sleeper (2009), Freerange Records
- "Jimpster Biography". Beatport. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- Rico, Zack (2007-09-10). "Bob Marley ‘400 Years’ (Jimpster Remix)". Beatportal. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- Interview: Jimpster by Juno Plus on 18.12.2009 at 12:49pm (2010-08-27). "Interview: Jimpster | Juno Plus". Junodownload.com. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- Rico, Zack (2010-02-25). "When Jimpster met Ralph Lawson". Beatportal. Retrieved 2010-08-31.