|Full name||Jeong Yeon-jin|
2 February 1990 |
Busan, South Korea
|Current tour(s)||PGA Tour of Australasia|
|Former tour(s)||European Tour|
|Number of wins by tour|
|Best results in major championships
|Masters Tournament||CUT: 2011|
|The Open Championship||T14: 2010|
Jeong was born in Busan and moved to Melbourne, Australia in 2006. He has enjoyed a highly successful amateur career. In 2010 he had two spells as the number one ranked amateur golfer on the back of four wins including The Amateur Championship, the first Asian to win that championship, and finishing as low amateur in a tie for 14th place in The Open Championship.
In 2012, Jeong played in all three stages of the European Tour qualifying school, obtaining a place in some Challenge Tour events for 2013. In early October 2013, he competed in the first stage of the qualifying schools for the European Tour (successfully) and the Web.com Tour (unsuccessfully).
Jeong won his first championship as a professional on 20 October 2013, winning the ISPS Handa Perth International on the European Tour in a playoff over Ross Fisher. He was one of three players who had earned a place in that tournament from his position in the PGA Tour of Australasia's Tier 2 Money List for 2012, finishing 55th in the 2012 Order of Merit. This win gave him an exemption on the European Tour until the end of 2015.
- 2008 Port Phillip Amateur, Victorian Junior Masters
- 2010 The Amateur Championship, Riversdale Cup, Boroondara Cup
Professional wins (2)
European Tour wins (1)
|No.||Date||Tournament||Winning score||Margin of
|1||20 Oct 2013||ISPS Handa Perth International||−10 (68-72-69-69=278)||Playoff||Ross Fisher|
European Tour playoff record (1–0)
|1||2013||ISPS Handa Perth International||Ross Fisher||Won with par on first extra hole|
Other wins (1)
- 2010 Tasmanian Open (as an amateur)
Results in major championships
|The Open Championship||T14LA||DNP||DNP||DNP||CUT|
LA = Low amateur
DNP = did not play
CUT = missed the half-way cut
"T" = tied
Yellow background for top-10.
- Starts – 3
- Wins – 0
- 2nd place finishes – 0
- 3rd place finishes – 0
- Top 3 finishes – 0
- Top 5 finishes – 0
- Top 10 finishes – 0
- Top 25 finishes – 1
- Missed cuts – 2
- Most consecutive cuts made – 1
- Longest streak of top-10s – 0
- "Jeong wins best amateur player award at British Open". The Korea Times. 19 July 2010. Archived from the original on 1 October 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- "The Open 2010: South Korea's Jin Jeong not settling for silver successn". The Guardian. 18 July 2010. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- "British Amateur champ Jeong starts with 68". Golf Digest. 15 July 2010. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- "Jeong earns spot in British Open". ESPN. Associated Press. 20 June 2010. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- "Jin Jeong becomes first Asian to win Amateur Golf championship". Deccan Herald. Agence France-Presse. 21 June 2010. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- "He's not allowed to see his girlfriend because the female influence weakens him. He's just a very sad boy at the moment."