17 August 1918|
Shichahai, Beijing, China
|Died||10 April 2015
Jin Youzhi (17 August 1918 – 10 April 2015), born Aisin-Gioro Puren, was the nominal head of the Aisin-Gioro clan, the imperial clan of the Manchu-led Qing dynasty, from 1994 until his death in 2015. He was the fourth and youngest son of Prince Chun, and a younger half-brother of Puyi, the Last Emperor of China. Instead of using his Manchu clan name "Aisin-Gioro" as his family name, Puren adopted "Jin" as his new family name. "Jin" means "gold" in Mandarin, as does "Aisin" in the Manchu language. His courtesy name was "Youzhi"; he is best known as "Jin Youzhi". The Chinese media referred to him as "The Last Emperor's Younger Brother" or "The Last Imperial Younger Brother (最后的皇弟).
Jin was born in the Prince Chun Mansion in Shichahai, Beijing. After receiving an early education in Chinese classics and traditional art, he established a public primary school in the Prince Chun Mansion in 1947 with support from his father. He was the principal of the school while his sister was a teacher there. The school was later donated to the Chinese government, after which Jin continued working as a teacher until retiring in 1988. In his retirement, Jin wrote books on the history of the Qing dynasty and literature. He served three terms as a delegate to the Municipal Political Consultative Conference of Beijing, and was also a researcher in Chinese history at the Beijing Research Institute.
Jin was the heir to the Manchu throne under the rule of primogeniture, but he repudiated his claim. The 1937 Manchukuo succession law, the latest agreed-upon succession rule of the Aisin-Gioro clan, does not provide for succession by a half-brother of the previous emperor.
- Father: Zaifeng (Prince Chun)
- Mother: Lady Dengiya (鄧佳氏), a secondary spouse of Zaifeng.
- Jin Yuting (金瑜庭), Jin's primary spouse.
- Zhang Maoying (張茂瀅), Jin's secondary spouse.
- Jin Yuzhang (金毓嶂; b. 1942), married Liu Yumin (劉玉敏), had a daughter Jin Xin (金鑫; b. 1976)
- Jin Yuquan (金毓峑; b. 1946), married Cheng Yingying (程迎盈), had a daughter Jin Jun (金鈞)
- Jin Yulan (金毓嵐; b. 1948), married Zhou Qingxue (周清學), had a daughter Jin Zhao (金釗)
- Jin Yukun (金毓琨), had a son Du Jingzhe (杜京哲)
- Jin Yucheng (金毓珵), had a son Qiao Xiaodong (喬曉冬)
|Ancestors of Jin Youzhi|
- 满清皇室后裔百态人生：和普通人一样生活, 2005-03-24. "Attitudes of the descendants of the Manchu royalty: Their lives as ordinary people"
- "Text of the Law Governing Succession to the Imperial Throne", March 1, 1937, Article 5: "In the absence of sons or descendants, the brothers of the reigning emperor, borne of the same mother, and their male-line descendants succeed according to age".