List of The Legend of Qin characters
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
This is the list of The Legend of Qin characters.
- 1 Main protagonists
- 2 Xiang Shaoyu(Chinese: 项少羽; pinyin: xiàng shǎo yǔ)
- 3 Hundred Schools of Thought
- 4 Other antagonists
Duanmu Rong(Chinese: 端木蓉; pinyin: Duānmù Róng) is one of the main protagonists in the Chinese animated series, The Legend of Qin (animated TV series). She makes her official debut in the third episode of season 1. Although, she is portrayed as a cold and emotionless character, she shows sisterly affection to Yue-Er. She is a young lady around the age of 24.
Her first appearance is in the animated series, The Legend of Qin (animated TV series). Her real name is Duanmu Rong, but is commonly referred to by Yue-Er as "Sister Rong". Her background is currently unknown, as of episode 6.
Duanmu Rong's face is always in a stoical look, which has been described by Jin Tianming as 'stiff as a box'. She formerly refused to treat patients, who satisfied 1 or more of her 3 conditions, on who NOT to treat. Her personality gradually evolves into a more soft-hearted person, and she treats Yue-er, like a little sister.
Her 3 Conditions are as follows:
1. 'Ge' should not be their family name
2. They should not be working for the Qin Empire
3. They should not be swordsmen
She possesses unique medical talents, and is fluent in identifying various diseases and curses. Being a doctor has granted her the knowledge of a person's pressure points. In addition to her wide knowledge of medicine, she is proficient in martial arts and uses needles as her weapons.She is mentioned as the most powerful doctor in that era.
She lived in a Mohist Medical Manor treating patients, one of them, an injured Ge Nie. After healing him, she was saved from an assassination attempt by him. She then left with Yue-Er and the others in a carriage, promising to leave clues to Master Ban, to tell him where they were going. En route, their carriage was attacked by a bird, and toppled over a cliff. During their way to Machinery City, she fell in love with Ge Nie, a swordsman who was six years older than her. She couldn't control her feelings although she knew that her love was against her master's last words. Later at Mohist School, she was mortally wounded defending Ge Nie. She didn't wake up during season 3 and season 4.
Jing Tianming(Chinese: 荆天明; pinyin: jīng tiān míng)
He is a bright and cheerful boy, at the age of 12. He is playful and mischievous though protective of his friends. He has a crush on Gao Yue (Yue-er), a girl under the care of Mohists, though he thinks that her big sister, Duanmu Rong, is a cold person whose face is 'stiff as a board'. He treats Ge Nie as his father, and aspires to become a swordsman just like him. He also has a continuous rivalry with Xiang Shaoyu, and a playful relationship with Master Ban. He has a 'passionate' love for food and immediately goes berserk if someone eats his food or destroys it. Although quite shallow in certain aspects, his loyalty, braveness and innocence stand out as some of his more positive traits. Perhaps the most driving aspect of his character, is his belief that his father will return to him one day, thus motivating him to become one of the most famous swordsmen in the world.
A princess of the former Yan Kingdom and Yan Dan's daughter. She is quite cheerful, playful and generous, as well as kind and innocent. She often gets along easily with almost everyone. She and Tianming are good friends, and she treats Duanmu Rong as her sister, referring her as "Sister Rong". She is extremely bright and intelligent and can analyse things very accurately. She solved many mysteries in the Forbidden Land when nobody else knew the answers. She possesses great talent in Yin-Yang techniques and is taken into the Yin-Yang School by Moon Goddess. She is told that her real name is Ji Ru(Chinese: 姬如; pinyin: jī rú) and her courtesy name is Qianlong(Chinese: 千泷; pinyin: qiān lóng), bearing the same family name as Moon Goddess.
It is stated that she is an orphan, but little is known about her. Flashback shots in Seasons 1 and 2 suggest her Yan royal origin. The plot development allows to suggest that she is either a small sister or daughter of Dan, the Crown Prince of Yan (historical Dan has neve become the king, but was indeed involved in sending Jing Ke to Qin in order to murder the First Emperor).
Her official debut is in the 3rd episode of season 1 where she escorts the Royal Tribe of Chu, along with Jing Tianming and Ge Nie to the Mohist Manor. Not long afterwards, the Manor was infiltrated by enemy troops and she was forced to leave with Duanmu Rong and the rest. Their carriage was destroyed and they were then left stranded on a cliff.
Abilities and Personality
She is quite cheerful, playful and generous, as well as kind and innocent. She often getting along easy with almost everyone. She and Tianming are good friends, and she treats Duanmu Rong as her sister, often referring her as "Sister Rong". She is extremely bright and intelligent and can analyse things very accurately. She solved many mysteries in the forbidden ground when nobody else knew the answer. She seems to have powers in seeing stars and a complicated relationship with Moon Goddess.
Xiang Shaoyu(Chinese: 项少羽; pinyin: xiàng shǎo yǔ)
Xiang Shaoyu (Chinese: 项少羽; pinyin: xiàng shào yǔ)is one of the main characters of the animated series, The Legend of Qin (animated TV series). He is from a royal family of a tribe of Chu, and is a brilliant military strategist. He acts both as a brother and rival to Jing Tianming.
Based on his background described by the TV series, The Legend of Qin (animated TV series), Shao-yu is from a royal tribe of Chu, and is quite proud of what his tribe is. He is shown constantly praising his tribe's military prowess to Jing Tianming. He and Tianming treat each other as brothers and as rivals. He is quite cheerful, and strives to become a good leader.
Shao-Yu is shown to have a superb martial arts skill when fighting assassins and also, when training with his men. He defeated Tian Ming in a short duel and is a brilliant strategist. It is said that Shao-Yu also holds a super human strength with the ability to lift up a solid Bronze cauldron when versing Big Hammer only with strength and not fighting skills.
He first appears training with his men, in a small house. After seeing a firework signal, Shaoyu quickly investigated the problem, only to find Tianming roasting chickens. Not soon after, they were all attacked by an assassin and were saved by the timely intervention of Ge Nie. He and his tribe took Tian Ming and his uncle along with them, before being attacked by the Grey Wolf Assassin. Though he managed to stab a sword, right through the assassin's chest, Grey Wolf escaped, leaving them with a weakened Ge Nie.
Yue-Er finally appeared and took them to Mohist grounds where they treated the Sword Saint's wounds. Shao Yu then told Jing Tianming that he was leaving, and was shown quite upset when Tianming, at first, refused to say goodbye.
A very quiet and mysterious character. She works in Chief Ding's restaurant, but is extremely skilled in martial arts and lightness skills. She is also good at magic arts and once saved Shaoyu and Tianming. Shaoyu seems to have fallen for her. She's real name is Xiao Yu from the Shu tribe. It is highly possible that she is inspired by the historical figure Yu Ji, Xiang Yu's most loved consort. In season 4, she is mentioned to be a Shushan(Chinese: 蜀山; pinyin: shǔ shān) princess.
is one of the main protagonists in the Chinese television series, The Legend of Qin (animated TV series). His age is approximately 30, and his clothes consist of white and gray robes.
Before The Legend of Qin (animated TV series) began, he was an assassin for Qin in his early years. At the request of his friend, he left the Empire to take care of his friend's son, Jing Tianming. A prodigy of swordsmen, Ge Nie studied in the school Gui Gu alongside Wei Zhuang (TV Series Character), his rival.
His first appearance is in the pilot episode. He fights and kills off 300 Qin Troops, dispatched to eliminate him and Tian Ming. He is injured in the process and remains under the care of Tian Ming for the rest of the show.
He later wakes up in the midst of a battle between Tian Ming， Wu Shuang (an enemy assassin), and the Xiang royal tribe of Chu. Just as Tian Ming And Shao Yu are about to be killed, he dispatches Wu Shuang by throwing his sword, Yuan Hong, at him. The Royal Tribe then aids him and takes him along with them in a carriage. Just as night is about to fall, wolves suddenly appear and start chasing the mini-band. Ge Nie then informs the others that, Grey Wolf, an assassin, is pursuing them.
After a brief battle with Grey Wolf, Ge Nie's injuries reopen and he falls unconscious again. A Mohist girl named Yue Er("Gao Yue"), takes him and the group to a secluded villa where his injuries are treated by Duanmu Rong.
After finally recovering from his injuries, he talked to Master Ban regarding the reason why he left the Qin Empire. It becomes known that Tianming was injured by a curse of which only a Daoist master knew the cure. Tianming's father entrusted to Ge Nie, the task of protecting his son. After discovering that they were being pursued, he quickly left with Jin Tianming, Duanmu Rong and Yue Er, only to be attacked at a cliff and have their carriage topple over into the chasm.
He was fatally wounded at the end of season 2 by Tianming who literally backstabbed him. However, in the third season, it was shown that it wasn't Tianming who stabbed him but one of Wei Zhuang's underlying who can take forms of different people and pretended to be Tianming. He was greatly injured after an intense fight with Wei Zhuang and his sword, Yuan Hong also broke during the fight.
Abilities and Personality
In the The Legend of Qin (animated TV series), Ge Nie is able to single-handedly defeat 300 of the Elite Troops of Qin, and returning with only a few injuries. His swordsmanship is extremely powerful, thus earning him the title of 'Sword Saint'. He rarely smiles, or shows emotion, but is very protective of Tian Ming, who in turn adores Ge Nie very much and regards him as a role model. He is famed among swordsmen for his "Hundred Steps Flying Sword" ( 百步飞剑，pinyin: bǎi bù fēi jiàn ） technique, which is also the title for the 1st season of the series.
He is very clear about what the meaning of being strong is, and often reminds Tianming that chivalrous heroes do not fight others to prove themselves, but they help those who are small and frail.
Hundred Schools of Thought
(Chinese: 纵横家; pinyin: zòng héng jiā) A mysterious school, also called the Guigu (Ghost Valley) School. The school name means Longitudinal and Latitudinal, named after Longit Union and Latit Bonds which separately fought against and assisted Qin Kingdom. There are only two students in each generation, and one of them has to be defeated and die. The living one will control the rise and fall of all under heaven. "When they rise the kings are frightened; when they settle the world rests in peace."
- Ge Nie(Chinese: 盖聂; pinyin: gě niè): He possesses the Longitudinal Sword, the highest skill is the Hundred-Step Flying Sword.
- Wei Zhuang(Chinese: 卫庄; pinyin: wèi zhuāng): See the Antagonists. He possesses the Latitudinal Sword, the highest skill is unknown, but he somehow also knows the Flying Sword, too. According to Ge Nie, Wei Zhuang seems to have done something terrible to their master to gain this skill. However, in season 5, it was revealed by Wei Zhuang that the missing master left the skill behind, including a ring.
(Chinese: 墨家; pinyin: mò jiā) Developed by Mozi, this school holds upon the ideas of "No war" and "Equal love". The Mohists are masters of machinery skills and build Machinery City. The city is a paradise for the people and is protected by all kinds of machines and traps. Many of the Mohists are martial art masters.
- Yan Dan(Chinese: 燕丹; pinyin: yān dān): Aka "Crown Prince Dan (Chinese: 太子丹; pinyin: tài zǐ dān)". The leader of the Mohist school. A very solid, righteous and protective character. He knows his goals and would sacrifice himself for his loved ones. He possesses extremely powerful martial arts and has a sword named Momei. He was able to defeat Wei Zhuang. However, he was cursed by Dasiming of the Yin-Yang School, therefore resulting in his death. He is revealed to be Crown Prince Dan, who plotted the assassination for Ying Zheng with Jing Ke. He really believes in Tianming and realises that Tianming has what it takes to be a hero that will help thousands of people. He was the crown prince of the Yan Kingdom and he is the father of Gao Yue.
- Jing Ke(Chinese: 荆轲; pinyin: jīng kē): A Mohist leader. Tianming's father and a very powerful swordsman. He is very down to earth and humorous. He has exceptional speed and martial arts abilities. He fights as if he is just playing with them. He also has a big passion for wine and loves to drink and make friends that way. He will get extremely mad if anyone broke his wine jug or disturbed him while he was enjoying some wine. He is a great hero who can also be serious too. He and Yan Dan plotted to kill Ying Zheng, but failed. He is the good friend and big brother of Gao Jianli, and Ge Nie somehow also refers to him as his "only friend".
- Ban Dashi (means "Master Ban",Chinese: 班大师; pinyin: bān dà shī): A Mohist leader whose given name is Ban .(In the official webgame,his family name is Mo, so he is likely to be the seed of Mozi.) He is one of the main protagonists in the early period of series possessing one machinery hand. His hardworking attitude often clashes with Tianming's easy-going and lazy attitude these situations between the two of them often turn into hilarious outbursts. His knowledge of machinery often pays out in the end, whether it was for entertainment purposes or rescuing people. Though he possesses no combat abilities, his knowledge of mechanics is astounding. He has the ability to build large wooden birds that are capable of flying. In addition, he is also a very good carpenter.
- Gao Jianli (Chinese: 高渐离; pinyin: gāo jiàn lí):A Mohist leader. A very calm and collected character. He used to be a famous music player and the soul friend of Kuang Xiu, the best music player who was killed by Qin. He wields the Freezing River (ranked 7 on the sword list), which can turn into ice once he enchants the Freezing River Yi ability. Back in his younger days when he did not contain such martial arts ability he was once saved by Jing Ke, Tianming's father. He is in love with Xuenv and truly cares for her. He is an exceptional martial artist but is much weaker in comparison to Ge Nie or Wei Zhuang.
- Xuenu (means "Snowgirl",Chinese: 雪女; pinyin: xuě nǚ): A Mohist leader who has silvery white hair. She's mysterious, nice and caring and calm during the midst of fights. She loves Gao Jianli. She has a very mischievous personality towards those close to her, such as being very playful towards Tianming. She is extremely elegant and beautiful, having once been a well-known dancer. She fights with silk ribbons and her music can causes snow to freeze her enemies. She seems to have a very sad past that caused her to swear to never marry anyone, but she meets her true love， Gao Jianli and wishes to spend her life with him.
- Duanmu Rong (Chinese: 端木蓉; pinyin: duān mù róng): A Mohist leader. One of the main protagonists in the early period of the series. She is a very intelligent and skilled doctor. She hails from the Kingdom of Yan and took Gao Yue under her care. Duanmu Rong always appears to be stoic and rarely smiling. She formerly refused to treat patients who did not satisfy her three rules to treatment. Her personality gradually evolves into a more soft-hearted person, and she treats Yue-er like a little sister. She falls for Ge Nie (who is revealed to also love her) and protects him from Baifeng's attack with her own body. She remains in a coma-like state during the third and fourth seasons. In season 4, the Mohist leaders received the Life-Saving Flower for Duanmu Rong. However, flower died during the battle of Xinghun and Ge Nie.
- Datiechui (means "Huge Iron Hammer",Chinese: 大铁锤; pinyin: dà tiě chuí):A Mohist leader. He was once a military officer who hailed from the Kingdom of Yan. He is very aware of what it means to be a man of the Yan Kingdom. He will never give up in fights and would do anything to protect his brothers. He can also be impatient, especially with Tianming.
- Dao Zhi (means "Thief Zhi",Chinese: 盗跖; pinyin: dào zhí): A Mohist leader and a thief named Zhi who can steal everything in the world. He has super light body skills (Qinggong) and can go anywhere he wishes. However, he seems to be a little slower than Baifeng due to his long-injured legs, which he still puts weights around. Not a lot of things would be safe if he took a fancy on them. He has a very laid back personality and loves to joke around, but he's truly in love with Duanmu Rong.
- Xu Fuzi (means "Mr.Xu",Chinese: 徐夫子; pinyin: xú fū zǐ): A Mohist leader, whose family name is Xu, from a famous sword-founding family and is a serious and solemn old man. His mother forged Jing Ke's sword Canhong (Broken Rainbow) that was later reforged into Ge Nie's sword Yuanhong (Deep Rainbow), and his father made Wei Zhuang's sword Shachi (Shark Teeth).
- Pao Ding (means "Chef Ding",Chinese: 庖丁; pinyin: páo dīng): A Mohist leader, whose family name is Ding. He acts as a spy in Sanghai (Shandong province in real life) and is a fat lovable man. He has powerful sabre kung fu. He is a great cook and owns a restaurant called Youjian Hotel (which literally translates to "There is a hotel").
(Chinese: 儒家; pinyin: rú jiā) Confucianists is one of the most respected schools and is the school of Master Confucius. The school has very orthodox beliefs, teaching the students to study for the country. However, the emperor sees this school as a big threat due to its great influence. They are based at the Junior Sage Village near Shanghai. In the latter half of Season 3, Tianming and Shaoyu study there as Confucianist disciples.
- Fu Nian(Chinese: 伏念; pinyin: fú niàn): The head of Confucianists. A calm, solemn, strict and orthodox man, not much has been shown about him except that he wields a sword named Tai-e (which is ranked third among the sword manual). He works hard to develop and protect the Confucianist disciples and therefore he is strongly against helping the Mohist School which fight against Qin.
- Yan Lu(Chinese: 颜路; pinyin: yán lù): He is the Second Household Manager of the Confucianists. He is a very gentle and calm man who never shows off his abilities. He is very respectful to his seniors and assists Zhang Liang a lot by dealing with his aftermath and covering his secrets. According to himself, "The Eldest Senior's words must never be forgotten, the Third Junior's words must never be remembered." At present he works with Zhang Liang by helping the Mohists.
- Zhang Liang(Chinese: 张良; pinyin: Zhāng Liáng):Courtesy name Zifang (Chinese: 子房; pinyin: Zǐfáng), the Third Manager of Confucianists, his father was the prime minister of Han(韩) Kingdom. A handsome young man who plans things extremely well, he is very intelligent and often knows the answers to many things. He predicts that Tianming will owe him seven favors(Tianming already owes him two). He comes from Confucianists but has done many things to help the Mohist School because he believes the country needs a new leader who cares about the people, but his confidence and fearlessness might sacrifice Confucianists (a disaster that indeed took place in real history). In fact, in real history, he is one of the greatest people who assisted in defeating Qin and foundation of the Han(汉) Dynasty. See Zhang Liang (Western Han).
- Xunzi(Chinese: 荀子; pinyin: xún zǐ): The uncle master of the three, an old man with strange temper. He is very good at Ching and medicine. He was the master of Han Fei and Li Si. The latter murdered the former due to jealousy and therefore Master Xun never admits to Li Si as his student. He is a chess master, but was defeated by Tianming (thanks to Zhang Liang's trick), and befriends Tianming. He claims that he knows no kung-fu, but it seems he's just trying Tianming. Historically, he died before the Qin dynasty.
(Chinese: 道家; pinyin: dào jiā) The school of Lao-tzu. Divided into two sections: the Heaven Clan(Chinese: 天宗; pinyin: tiān zōng) and the Human Clan(Chinese: 人宗; pinyin: rén zōng). The former focuses on self-cultivation and the nature, while the latter cares about the policies and situations, which causes conflicts between the two.
- Xiaomeng (means "Dawn-dream",Chinese: 晓梦; pinyin: xiǎo mèng): Her first appearance is in Season 5. The leader of the Heaven Clan. Before she entered the sect, she defeated the Six Elders of the Heaven Clan when she was only 8 years old. Since then, she went into seclusion for 10 years. Now, she is the owner of Qiuli, the ninth sword in the swordplay manual. Though she is only 18 years old, she is considered as an Elder to the Confucian School. This is because she is the Junior Sister of the previous leader of the Heaven Clan, thus is respected accordingly. In her time with Zhang Han, he told her that her smile reminds him just how young she actually is.
- Xiaoyao Zi (means "Master Peripatetic",Chinese: 逍遥子; pinyin: xiāo yáo zǐ): The leader of the Human Clan. Not much is known about his martial arts skill but he does contain medical skills. When Mohists' Leader(Yan Dan) was about to fall without reason, Xiaoyao Zi was able to figure out that it was due to a curse and it was the cause of his sudden pain. The owner of Xueji (Untranslatable, in Chinese this means after the snow, the sky turns sunny), the sixth sword in the swordplay manual.
- Xiao Ling (Chinese: 小灵; pinyin: xiǎo líng,only appears in Shaosiming's special edition): One of the students from the Heaven Clan. Little is known about him, but he entered Yin-Yang School's Water Division and did everything to find his lost sister, Xiao Yi(Chinese: 小衣; pinyin: xiǎo yī). Five years later, he met a nameless girl from the Wood Division. As a Senior Brother, he takes care of that girl when she was bullied, even as she is still emotionless towards him. When the two of them set foot in the forbidden area of Yin-Yang School, his true identity was exposed by the Yin-Yang leaders, including Donghuang Taiyi, Yueshen, Xinghun, Yunzhong Jun and Dasiming. Yueshen ordered that girl to put him to death and it was also because Xiao Ling lied that she was first to enter the forbidden area. After he volunteered to be sentenced to death by that girl and telling her that he wished she seen a better side of him, it is unknown if he survived that girl's attack. And after carry out Yin-Yang leaders' order, that girl was promoted to the leader of Wood Division, Shaosiming.
Yin-Yang School (阴阳家)
(Chinese: 阴阳家; pinyin: yīn yáng jiā) In real history, Yin-Yang School focused on astrology, the mysteries of the five elements and the Eight Diagrams. Many of Yin-Yang School are said to have studied divinity. Therefore, in this story, Yin-Yang School possess magical powers. Some of their names belong to the gods and goddesses in The Nine Odes by Qu Yuan, the first poet of ancient China.
- Donghuang Taiyi (means "the East Emperor, the First One", Chinese: 东皇太一; pinyin: dōng huáng tài yī): The highest leader of Yin-Yang School. He is named after the god of sun and the creator. With his whole body covered in black, little is known about him. He was the one who commanded Yueshen to capture Gao Yue. He was also the one who gave Gao Yue her supposed real name 'Jiru Qianlong'. He seems to have some nostalgic memories about the Treasure Box of Illusion Music.
- Yueshen (means "Moon Goddess", Chinese: 月神; pinyin: yuè shén): A rank of sir in Yin-Yang School. One of the two mages that protects the empire. Very powerful image. Her appearances throughout the series are quite rare but her skills are very powerful. It seems that she can control every five elements. She bears the same family name as Gao Yue (the name of the royal family before the country broke into seven), which is a confusing mystery. Her ambitions and goals are mysterious and unknown.
- Xinghun (means "Star Wraith", Chinese: 星魂; pinyin: xīng hún): He is of the same rank as Yueshen. One of the two mages that protects the empire. Wearing blue outfit. He is extremely powerful in the Yin-Yang School. With frightening tattoo on his face, his appearance is as a very young boy. He is arrogant and seems to hold little regard for those who are weaker than him. Little is known about his background yet.
- Yunzhong Jun (means "Lord in the Clouds", Chinese: 云中君; pinyin: yún zhōng jūn):The highest leader of Five Elements(五行 wŭ xíng) Division Leaders. He leads the Metal(金) Division. A mysterious character, ready to take the huge ship "Mirage" to the sea, searching for divinity. He personal name is Xu FuChinese: 徐福; pinyin: xú fú), a court sorcerer in Qin Dynasty.
- Dasiming (officially translated to "Priestess of Death", Chinese: 大司命; pinyin: dà sī mìng):One of Five Elements Division Leaders, who leads Fire(火) Division. A very mysterious character with little background known. She is wearing red outfits and her legs has black tattoo. She is also a very beautiful woman. With her outfit and skin her power is look like poison or fire. Actually her power is curse and she can transform herself to another. She use red ray to attack. She seems to be on the evil side and put a curse on the Leader of the Mohist School. It's expected that her past will be revealed. She is one of the top experts of Yin-Yang School, her hands are red because of practicing the curses. She seems to care for Xinghun very much. She gave the same curse to both Han Fei and Yan Dan. And now Tianming.
- Shaosiming (officially translated to "Priestess of Birth", Chinese: 少司命; pinyin: shào sī mìng): One of Five Elements Division Leaders. She leads the Wood(木) Division. A very mysterious character with little known background. Her face is covered yet she's said to be extremely beautiful. She has not spoken yet in the series. She is one of the top experts of Yin-Yang School. She uses leaves to attack. (leaf, wood,tree,vine are mother nature of earth)
- Xiang Jun (means "Lord Xiang", Chinese: 湘君; pinyin: xiāng jūn):One of Five Elements Division Leaders. He leads the Earth(土) Division. His background is little know. In Lady Xiang's special edition, his personal name is ShunChinese: 舜; pinyin: shùn),aka "Mr.Shun(Chinese: 舜君; pinyin: shùn jūn)",which is the name of Emperor Shun, a legendary emperor of Ancient China. He is the husband of the twin sisters. According to the special edition, the twin sisters jumped into the river in order to find out who was more loved by Lord Shun once they realized that love wasn't something that could be shared by two people. Unfortunately, Lord Shun only managed to save one of the sisters, and he doesn't know whether he saved Ehuang or Nuying. No matter which one is alive, Lord Shun was deeply in love with both of them and therefore losing one of the two sisters left him heartbroken. That feeling of guilt and heartbroken pain finally made him leave the Xiaoxiang valley.
- Xiang Furen (means "Lady Xiang", Chinese: 湘夫人; pinyin: xiāng fū rén):One of Five Elements Division Leaders,who leads the Water(水) Division. She is still mysterious. And the background is not clear. In Lady Xiang's special edition, it is said that they are extremely similar twin sisters, whose personal names are Ehuang(Chinese: 娥皇; pinyin: é huáng) and Nuying(Chinese: 女英; pinyin: nǚ yīng), which are the names of Emperor Yao's two daughters, who both became the wives of Emperor Shun. The two sister lived in Xiaoxiang valley (a valley where people only can enter but can't return). Elder is Ehuang and younger is Nvying. According to their stories one of the twin was dead. But doesn't know which one is dead or which one is still alive. They both fall in love with the same man at the same time -- Lord Shun. But when one of the twins died, he left the valley. She waits for her husband to come back to her.
- Yan Fei is the wife of Yan Dan. He calls her Fei Yan. She is Yue'er's mother and is being held captive on the Mirage Ship. As being from the Yin-yang School, she was known as Lord Dongjun (Lord of the East). Her powers surpasses Yueshen's, as said by Xinghun and Yunzhong Jun, who are aware how powerful she really is. But Xinghun believes Yue'er is her weakness.
Peasant Family/School (农家)
(Chinese: 农家; pinyin: nóng jiā) Shennong Order (t 神農氏, s 神农氏, p Shénnóngshì) followers of Shennong or Agriculturists: In real history, it's the school that studied agriculture. Here in the plot, the Shennong leader can only be appointed by the Xia Kui of the Peasant School. However, the last Xia Kui died mysteriously three years ago. The school is the one of masters hidden among normal people. Because the school has the most disciples, the school is divided into Six Halls: Shennong Hall, Lieshan Hall, Gongong Hall, Kuiwei Hall, Chiyou Hall, and Siyue Hall.
- "The Black Swordman" Shengqi (Chinese: "黑剑士"胜七; pinyin: "hēi jiàn shì" shèng qī), with his sword Juque (Huge Wound) belongs to this school. Li Si believes he is able to defeat Ge Nie. Apparently, Shengqi has a younger brother being held by the Net Trap Organization.
- Zhu Jia (Chinese: 朱家; pinyin: zhū jiā) is the leader of the Shennong Hall, which is considered one of the strongest. Zhu Jia is a very short man and always wear masks, which switches back and forth based on his emotions. As Ge Nie has observed, "his mind changes constantly, wears a thousand of faces."
- Liu Bang (Chinese: 刘邦; pinyin: liú bāng) works for Zhu Jia. Quite handsome, outspoken and lazy. He loses to gambling every time.
- Dian Qing works under Zhu Jia. He's tall and very muscular who wears a blindfold. He was originally from the state of Wei. He and Mei Sanniang studied under the same master.
- Situ Wanli is from the Siyue Hall of Peasant School. When he gambles with Liu Bang, he always win without mercy.
- Tian Meng is leader of the Lieshan Hall. Father of Tian Yan and Tian Ci. It is said his skills surpasses Shengqi.
- Tian Yan is the elder daughter of Tian Meng, niece of Tian Hu, and older sister of Tian Ci.
- Tian Ci (Chinese: 田赐; pinyin: tián cì) is Tian Hu's nephew. Despite his young age, Tian Ci is said to be the most powerful swordsman among them. His swords are Gan Jiang and Mo Ye. He acts childish, but is fierce when it comes down to his family.
- Mei Sanniang is from the Lieshan Hall and cares for Tian Yan and Tian Ci. She was originally from the state of Wei, like Dian Qing.
- Tian Hu (Chinese: 田虎; pinyin: tián hǔ) is the second-in-command of the Lieshan Hall, the other strongest among the Halls. Hot-tempered, he wears an eyepatch. He strongly believes that Wei Zhuang, Ge Nie, and Zhu Jia plotted his brother's death.
- Tian Zhong (Chinese: 田仲; pinyin: tián zhòng) is the leader of the Gonggong Hall. He is usually the one to calm Tian Hu down and offers advises.
- Tian Mi (Chinese: 田蜜; pinyin: tián mì) is the leader of the Kuiwei Hall. She always carries her smoke around and doesn't battle as much as the others.
- Gu Yao is from the Chiyou Hall. His martial arts allow him to dislocate and relocate his bones.
- Jin is a highly skilled older man who listens to Tian Hu. Those who come across him becomes heavily injured, usually ending up near death. The possibility could be that he doesn't truly want to kill them.
- Military theorists(Chinese: 兵家; pinyin: bīng jiā): The school of Master Sun. Studies on the arts of wars. Including Xiang Shaoyu, Xiang Liang (Chinese: 项梁; pinyin: xiàng liáng,Shaoyu's uncle), Fan Zeng (Chinese: 范增; pinyin: fàn zēng,Shaoyu's teacher, a very strict old man), and Han Xin(Chinese: 韩信; pinyin: hán xìn) who appears in Season 4, one of the greatest figures who found Han Dynasty. Long Jv(Chinese: 龙且; pinyin: lóng jū), another historical figure of the Qin-Han transition period, is ascribed to the military school (Season 4, episode 16 ff.)
- Legalist School(Chinese: 法家; pinyin: fǎ jiā): The school of Master Han Fei(pinyin: hán fēi), the school that insisted on laws, developments and executions, and enabled Qin of unifying China. Li Si, who is from Confucianists, turns to Legalist and became the prime minister of Qin. And Li Si is jealous of his fellow disciple Han Fei and murdered him.
- Logician School(Chinese: 名家; pinyin: míng jiā): The school of Master Hui, good at logics and debates. The most famous is the Gongsun Family. The representative character is Gongsun Linglong, a fat woman (Chinese: 公孙玲珑; pinyin: gōng sūn líng lóngī) who kept calling herself an exceptional beauty. She is very eloquent, tries to humiliate Confucianists with her invincible theory "A white horse is not a horse", but defeated by Tianming (who got the idea from Zhang Liang's reminder).
Quicksand (流沙)and Inverse Quicksand/Quicksand Rebels(逆流沙)
- Wei Zhuang(Chinese: 卫庄; pinyin: wèi zhuāng): A former student of the Guigu ("Ghost Valley") School who studied alongside Ge Nie. They are both rivals and his swordsmanship is just below Ge Nie's (though he wins their duel due to Ge Nie's wounds and Heiqilin's ambush). His highest goal is to defeat Ge Nie (They should have had a life-and-death battle when they "graduate", but it seems somehow Ge Nie didn't fight him). The Qin Emperor's Advisor has hired him to hunt down Jing Tianming and his friends. During the battle with Ge Nie in the Machinery City, he breaks Ge Nie's sword with his sword Shachi(Shark Teeth). Both men were wounded badly after the duel.
- Baifeng (officially translated as "White Phoenix", Chinese: 白凤; pinyin: bái fèng): Aka "Baifenghuang (Chinese: 白凤凰; pinyin: bái fèng huáng)". Not silent, but not very spoken. He wears blue in left arm and simply white on the right arm. On his right hand there are white feathers which is joined with a silver ornament. He has blue eyes and purple hair (which sometimes changes to navy blue). He can float in the sky by stepping on a feather. He usually rides on an enormous white bird and has the ability to control all birds. His speed is formidable, and his kung fu is said to be almost as good as Wei Zhuang. By moving very fast he can create two(Couple Phoenixes) and even six (Six Illusions of Dancing Phoenix) selves. He is very arrogant, stubborn and rather childish. In his past, he hails from the Han kingdom and served under the Han general Ji Wuye(Chinese: 姬无夜; pinyin: jī wú yè).
- Chilian (officially translated as "Crimson Lotus", Chinese: 赤练; pinyin: chì liàn): Aka "Chiliannv (Chinese: 赤练女; pinyin: chì liàn nǚ)".The right-hand woman to Wei Zhuang and once Princess Honglian (means "Red Lotus",Chinese: 红莲; pinyin: hóng lián) of the Han Kingdom. She was to marry to the Han general Ji Wuye, due to his request to the Han Emperor. She then planned to assassinate Ji Wuye on their wedding night, however, failed in doing so. Ji Wuye had nearly killed her but Wei Zhuang saved her. She almost never leaves Wei Zhuang's side, and is very much in love with him (it's said her name is a pun for "Selfless love"). She uses a snake sword (a present Wei Zhuang gave her for the first and last). She can also freely control snakes and vipers. Her hypnosis skill "Fiery Enchantment" is what caused Gao Yue to have a misunderstanding that Ge Nie killed her father. She enjoys using any tricks in the fight and is willing to sacrifice herself to win (basically for Wei Zhuang's sake). When the former Han kingdom was destroyed Wei Zhuang promised her that one day he will give back a better Han Kingdom to her.
- Canglang (means "Dark Wolf King",Chinese: 苍狼; pinyin: cāng láng): Aka "Canglangwang (Chinese: 苍狼王; pinyin: cāng láng wáng)". He controls and lives with wolves. ears a mask and iron claws. He once attacked Tianming and his friends, but was defeated. After he recovered from the wounds, he was killed by Gao Jianli during the battle of Machinery City.
- Wushuang (means "Unparalleled",Chinese: 无双; pinyin: wú shuāng): Aka "Wushuanggui (Chinese: 无双鬼; pinyin: wú shuāng guǐ)". A huge powerful man, who doesn't talk. He works for Wei Zhuang, but in the past, he worked for someone else before joining Quicksand. He was once killed by Ge Nie, but Gongshu Chou made him into a machinery man. He is later defeated by Iron Hammer and completely breaks down. He was even abandoned by Quicksand. But later he was repaired by Tianming, thus becoming good friends. In season 5, Wushuang seems to have joined Quicksand again.
- Yinfu (means "Hidden Bat",Chinese: 隐蝠; pinyin: yǐn fú): A member of Inverse Quicksand, a man who resembles a bat with pointy ears. For ten years, he had always lived in seclusion, practicing the Blood Bats Technique, which was a secret passed down for many years in South Xinjiang. Every time he kills a person, he'll drink all of their blood and his martial arts would increase by a fraction. If he doesn't drink blood in a day, he'll become older by a fraction. It was noted he has no friends by Wei Zhuang.
- Heiqilin (means "Black Qilin",Chinese: 黑麒麟; pinyin: hēi qí lín): One of the Inverse Quicksand killers, who is also known as the Han Kingdom's number one assassin. His/Her gender is unknown in the animated TV series, but is a female (but lived in Spring and Autumn period) in the official webgame, and is a male in the drama. It is said that he or she does not have any shape or form, but can turn into any person or living being he or she wants. He or she is always in the shadow, working for Wei Zhuang. And every Quicksand member refers to him/her Lin-er (Chinese: 麟儿; pinyin: lín er). Little is known about his or her background yet.
Qin Empire (秦帝国)
- Ying Zheng: The first emperor in Chinese history. The one who destroys the other six kingdoms and unifies China. Wild ambitions and wants everyone in the empire to abide by him. If not, they are enemies and must be eliminated. He is considered a cruel emperor in the history, but he also contributed to the country by unifying the characters, languages and units.
- Fusu: Ying Zheng's eldest son. A very fair-minded and noble young man. Tianming and Master Xun once save his life, and he is determined to find them. In the history, perhaps Qin wouldn't have been defeated quickly if he became the new emperor, but he was later murdered by Zhao Gao, Huhai and Li Si.
- Huhai: Ying Zheng's 18th son, who was also his favorite son. He appears to be childish and innocent, however, he wants to murder his own brother, Fusu. Having close ties with Zhao Gao, they failed the first attempt of taking Fusu's life. Historically, he became the second emperor of China's Qin dynasty.
- Li Si: From the Legalist School. A server under Ying Zheng. He is also a very powerful minister and Ying Zheng communicates with him thoroughly. His opinion or idea to a situation influences Ying Zheng's actions. He was once a Confucianists disciple, but now he tries to destroy it for Ying Zheng's sake.
- Zhao Gao: A powerful eunuch and the leader of the Net Trap Organization, also translated as "Snares"(Chinese: 罗网; pinyin: luó wǎng)". He controls numberless killers who have black spider tattoos. His best six assassins are called the "Six Swords Slaves", named after their swords: Zhengang (True Firm), Duanshui (Cutting water), Luanshen (Chaotic spirit), twin sisters Zhuanpo (Twisting souls) and Miehun (Destroying souls), Wangliang (an evil demon). Will appear in Season 4. In real history, he murdered Fusu.
- Meng Tian: An excellent general, the leader of "Golden Fire Cavalry", who fights wholeheartedly for Ying Zheng. In real history, his family was destroyed by Li Si and Zhao Gao.
- Zhang Han: An excellent general, the leader of the Shadow Division "Yingmiwei(Chinese: 影密卫; pinyin: yǐng mì wèi)". He takes direct orders from the Qin Emperor himself and has never come back empty–handed. Due to his stubbornness of never letting go of his enemies, his nickname is Bum Bettle, which Dao Zhi calls him by. In real history, Zhang Han finally surrendered to Xiang Yu.
- Gongshu Chou(Chinese: 公输仇; pinyin: gōng shū chóu): A very scheming old man, from the Gongshu Family who is as skillful in machinery arts as Mohist school, works for Qin by building fighting machines. The Gongshu ancestor(Lu Ban) once lost to the creator of Mohists(Mozi), therefore Gongshu Chou is determined to destroy Mohists.His given name "Chou(仇)" means"revenge"in Chinese, which shows his strong determination. With his help, Qin's armies finally destroyed the Machinery City.