The songs are created by Spalla who mixes actual animal sounds to match tones of the songs. He started with a version of Jingle Bells that was released to radio stations a few years before the full album came out. In all, it took more than 1,000 meows, screeches and growls to assemble 20 melodies.
In 1995, Here Comes Santa Claws won a "Billie" award from Billboard for point-of-purchase category. After following up what Billboard called "excellent" Jingle Cats and Jingle Dogs albums, Spalla also produced a Jingle Babies album for which Billboard described the series as having hit a "brick wall". 
- Meowy Christmas (1993)
- Here Comes Santa Claws (1994)
- Rhythm and Mews (2002)
- First Meowel (2009)
- Jingle Cats Christmas (2012) HD Blu-ray
Jingle Dogs recordings
- Christmas Unleashed (1995)
Jingle Babies recordings
- Rockabye Christmas (1997)
- Cat Organ — a conjectural musical instrument using live cats
- The Singing Dogs — a classic novelty recording project from the 1950s
- Wharton, David (1993). "It's the Cats' Meows." Los Angeles Times. 1(3).
- The Hollywood Reporter. Wilkerson Daily Corporation. 1993.
- Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. 1995-05-06. pp. 91–. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- Inc., Nielsen Business Media, (1997-12-06). Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. pp. 15–. Retrieved 22 January 2013.