Jingzhou Miao and Dong Autonomous County
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||2,210.56 km2 (853.50 sq mi)|
|• Density||110/km2 (290/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Jingzhou ( "Jingzhou Miao and Dong Autonomous County", simplified Chinese: 靖州苗族侗族自治县; traditional Chinese: 靖州苗族侗族自治縣; pinyin: Jìng-zhōu Miáozú Dòngzú Zìzhìxiàn; usually referred to as "Jingzhou County", simplified Chinese: 靖州县; traditional Chinese: 靖州縣; pinyin: Jìng-zhōu xiàn) is an autonomous county of Miao and Dong peoples in Hunan Province, China, the county is under the administration of Huaihua Prefecture-level City. It was known as "Jing County" (靖县; 靖縣; Jìng Xiàn), renamed to the present name on February 19, 1987.
Jingzhou is located on the southwestern margin of Hunan Province, adjacent to Guizhou Province. It borders Jinpin, Liping and Tianzhu Counties of Guizhou to the west, Tongdao County to the south, Suining County to the east, Huitong County to the north. The county covers 2,210 km2 (850 sq mi), as of 2015, It had a registered population of 271,403 and a resident population of 253,000. The county has 6 towns and 5 townships under its jurisdiction, the county seat is Hejie Community (渠阳镇河街社区).
- www.xzqh.org (in Chinese)
- Google (2014-07-02). "Jingzhou" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- Huaihua City Land Use Plan (2006–20)/《怀化市土地利用总体规划（2006-2020年）》.(in Chinese) Accessed 8 July 2014.
- "怀化市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报" (in Chinese). Huaihua Statistical Bureau/怀化市统计局. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- History of Jingzhou County (靖州历史沿革), according to jzszw.com
- the population of Jingzhou County in 2015, according to the Statistical Communiqué of Jingzhou County on the 2015 National Economic and Social Development - (2015年靖州县国民经济和社会发展统计公报): jzx.gov.cn or ahmhxc.com
- the divisions of Jingzhou County in 2015, according to the result on adjustment of township-level administrative divisions of Jingzhou County on November 25, 2015 - 《湖南省民政厅关于同意靖州县乡镇区划调整方案的批复》(湘民行发〔2015〕80号): rednet.cn, also see 《湖南省乡镇区划调整改革109个县市区批复方案》: people.com or xinhuanet.com
|This Hunan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|