|• Revised Romanization||Jinhae-gu|
Cityscape of downtown Jinhae, from Jehehwangsan Park
|Administrative divisions||15 dong|
|• Total||120.19 km2 (46.41 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,431.07/km2 (3,706.5/sq mi)|
Jinhae-gu (Hangul: 진해구, Hanja: 鎭海區) is a district in Changwon City, South Korea. This region is served by the Korean National Railroad, and is famous for its annual cherry blossom festival every spring.
The city front is on a sheltered, island-studded bay, and is almost completely surrounded by mountains covered with pine trees.
The emblem of Jinhae contains a cherry blossom.
The city's economy is primarily dependent on the Republic of Korea Navy personnel and their families or employees of the ROKN shipyard and base facilities. Today, Jinhae hosts major naval facilities and commands of the South Korean navy including Commander-in-Chief Republic of Korea Fleet (CINCROKFLT) and the Naval Academy.
Moreover, the city is also host to the only US Naval base in Korea, US Naval Fleet Activities, Chinhae.
Cherry Blossom Festival (Gunhangje)
Each spring the city hosts a ten-day festival, variously promoted as the Military Parade Festival or the Cherry Blossom Festival. Each spring over a million Koreans and other visitors crowd into the town to view the cherry blossoms and to see the street performers, carnival stalls and street lighting as well as the military parades which commemorate the victory of Admiral Yi Sun Shin over a Japanese invasion attempt
- Annapolis, Maryland, United States
- Kure, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan
- Viña del Mar, Valparaíso, Chile
- Nagato City, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan
Notable people from Jinhae-gu
- Jinyoung (Real Name: Park Jin-young, Hangul: 지현성), singer-songwriter, rapper, dancer, MC, actor and K-pop, member of K-pop boygroup Got7 and the first sub-unit of the group, JJ Project.
- See official festival site  accessed 10 April 2013 See also pamphlet 'The 51 Jinhae Gunhangje Pamphlet' Changwon, Festival Committee of Gunhanje, 2013.