Jinke Road station
|Operated by||Shanghai No.2 Metro Operation Co. Ltd.|
Jinke Road Station (Chinese: 金科路站; pinyin: Jīnkē Lù Zhàn) is the name of a station on Line 2 of the Shanghai Metro. Located along Zuchongzhi Road, the station is located between the Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park station and the Guanglan Road station. This station, with four exits, is part of the eastern extension of Line 2 from the Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park station, and opened February 24, 2010.
By 2008, the Line 2 terminated at the Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park station. On February 24, 2010, the line was expanded from this station through the Jinke Road station to the Guanglan Road station, which was the formal opening of this station. The extension extended the line to about 29 kilometres (18 mi) which now included 19 stations. The entire metro increased its length to around 335 kilometres (208 mi) which included 223 stations. The opening of Jinke Road alleviated traffic away from the Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park station and for those commuting to the nearby Pudong Software Park. The extension also included a rebuilding of the Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park station from February 14 to February 23 to improve power supply and other equipment. Two months later, the line was extended past the station through the Tangzhen, Middle Chuangxin Road, East Huaxia Road, Chuansha, Lingkong Road, Yuandong Avenue, and Haitiansan Road stations to the Pudong Airport station, which serves the Shanghai Pudong International Airport.
The station is an island platform with two tracks, one eastbound and one westbound, on either side. The station is located in Shanghai's Pudong New Area, along Zuchongzhi Road between intersections at Jinke Road and Halei Road. Roughly shaped like a rectangle, the station has four exits, two on one end, one at the other and one which exits into the Changtai Plaza (长泰广场）shopping center. On the west end are Exits 2 and 3, and on the east side is Exit 1. Exit 4 is in the middle on the north side and leads to the neighboring Changtai Plaza. The station is served by bus routes 609 and 636.
Along Line 2, the Jinke Road station is located between the Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park station and the Guanglan Road station. It takes approximately 55 minutes to ride the train to the East Xujing station, the western terminus, and about 35 minutes to ride to the Pudong Airport station, the east end. The train operates from 5:33 to 22:48 westbound and from 6:25 to 23:40 eastbound. On weekdays, trains leave the station approximately every 3 minutes and 30 seconds during peak hours and every four to ten minutes during non-peak hours. Peak hours are defined as from 7:30 to 9:30 and 17:00 to 19:00 on Monday through Thursday, as well as 7:00 to 9:00 and 12:50 to 20:30 on Friday. On weekends, trains leave the stations every 4 minutes and 5 seconds from 8:00 to 20:30, and every five to ten minutes during other times.
- Shanghai Metro (Map). Schwandl, Robert. 2008.
- Li, Xin (February 22, 2010). "Rail Transit Line 2 to extend from Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park to Guanglan Road". Archived from the original on July 10, 2010. Retrieved April 8, 2011.
- Wang, Guanyu (February 2, 2010). "Line 2 to extend to Guanglan Road". Retrieved April 8, 2011.
- Zhou, Jian (April 7, 2010). "Line 2 to Pudong International Airport". Retrieved April 8, 2011.
- Google (April 23, 2011). "Jinke Road Shanghai Metro station" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved April 23, 2011.
- Map of the Shanghai Metro (Map). Shanghai Shentong Metro Group. Retrieved April 8, 2011.
- Shanghai Shentong Metro Group. "Timetable of the First and Last Train for Line 2". Retrieved April 8, 2011.
- "Shanghai Subway Line 2". March 29, 2010. Retrieved April 24, 2011.