Jinnah University for Women
Motto in English
|Enter to learn and go to serve|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Naeem Farooqui|
|Location||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
The Jinnah University for Women (Initials: JUW), is a private research university located in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. It is an all–woman university and is noted as being the first ever women's university in the country.
Established as a post-graduate college, its status as full-fledged university was upgraded in 1998 the Sindh Assembly. Major financial endowment and funding are managed by the Anjuman-e-Islam Trust. The university offers undergraduate, post-graduate, and doctoral programmes in science, arts, humanities, and general studies. as of 2010, the university is ranked among top institution of higher learning in "general category" by the HEC.
The Jinnah University campus is divided into five Blocks: Block A, Block B, Block C, Block D, Block E and Admissions section. These Blocks include an Auditorium with the capacity of 400 persons, lecture halls, classrooms, laboratories, museums, faculty rooms and seminar libraries. The university is located at Nazimabad, Karachi.
- "Chancellor of JUW". Chancellor of JUW. Archived from the original on 7 April 2014. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Vice Chancellor of JUW". Vice Chancellor of JUW. Archived from the original on 7 April 2014. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Introduction of JUW". JUW. Archived from the original on 28 February 2014. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- Staff editor. "Location of the University". JUW Press. JUW Press. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- - Profile of Jinnah University for Women
|This Pakistan university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|