Jinxx in 2013
|Birth name||Jeremy Miles Ferguson|
|Born||January 7, 1981|
Webster City, Iowa, U.S.
|Genres||Rock, metalcore, hardcore punk, heavy metal, glam metal|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter and music producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, violin, cello, piano, keyboards|
|Labels||Lava, Standby, Universal Republic|
|Associated acts||Black Veil Brides, The Dreaming, Amen, 80 Proof Riot, Chris Hall, Team Cybergeist, XO Stereo, The Drastics|
Jeremy Miles Ferguson, (born January 7, 1981) better known by the stage name Jinxx, is an American musician best known as the rhythm guitarist, violinist, cellist, pianist, lyricist, songwriter, and composer of American rock band Black Veil Brides.
He joined Black Veil Brides in mid-2009 when Andy Biersack was forming his band in Hollywood, California. He had also played in The Dreaming, Amen, Team Cybergeist, and The Drastics. He got his first guitar when he was two, and started playing live shows with his father at age eight, playing in local bars. He is influenced by classical composers Bach and Beethoven. The first album he ever owned was Metallica's fourth album, ...And Justice for All, and he learned to play every track. He and fellow Black Veil Brides guitarist Jake Pitts won Revolver Magazine's Golden Gods Award for "Best Guitarists 2012". Jinxx married West End theatre dancer/ actress Alice Mogg on September 16th, 2018 in London. She is the niece of singer Phil Mogg of classic rock band UFO, and sister of Nigel Mogg, former bassist of The Quireboys. He has cited major influences such as Metallica, KISS, Def Leppard, Twisted Sister, Johann Sebastian Bach, Ludwig van Beethoven, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, and Yngwie Malmsteen.
In early December 2019, he made a post on his Instagram confirming that he has Epilepsy. The post has since been removed, but a day later he posted another message thanking everyone for the positive response he received after coming out about it.
- Red (August 29, 2009). "Jinxx Interview". Noizefront. Archived from the original on January 7, 2014. Retrieved May 29, 2012.
- Interview – Jinxx. blackveilbridespy.blogspot.com (April 30, 2011).
- » Members. Teamcybergeist.com. Retrieved on 2012-07-28.
- Black Veil Brides: Jinxx Biography. Andrewbiersack.blogspot.com (January 7, 1981). Retrieved on 2012-07-28.
- "Slash, Korn, Slayer, Slipknot, Anthrax, Hollywood Undead, Asking Alexandria, Five Finger Death Punch, Michelle Rodriguez and More Talk When They Discovered Metallica – ARTISTdirect News". Artistdirect.com. Retrieved February 28, 2013.
- Alison Richter (January 10, 2012). "Interview: Black Veil Brides' Jake Pitts and Jinxx Discuss Their Roots and Connection to Their Fans". Guitar World. Retrieved June 19, 2012.
- Revolver Magazine (April 16, 2012). "'Revolver' Golden Gods Awards Winners Announced". Revolver Magazine. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- Mary Oullette (April 12, 2012). "Jake and Jinxx win award for "Best Guitarists"". Loudwire Rock News. Retrieved May 23, 2012.
-  December 4, 2019. Retrieved December 8, 2019.