This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Kuala Lumpur, |
Number of locations
|Yuen Tuck Siew (Chief Executive Officer), Liew Ooi Hann (Chief Financial Officer), James Barnes (Chief Operating Officer), Lucas Ooi (Chief Commercial Officer & Head of Insurance), Cedric Viver (Chief Technology Officer, James Wong (Chief Business Development Officer)|
|Services||Online financial aggregator, customer lifecycle management|
Number of employees
|51 - 100 (2017)|
History & background
Jirnexu was formerly known as Saving Plus.
In 2014, RinggitPlus.com merged with SaveMoney.my, an online portal that provides information on different credit cards, car loans, phone, travel and shopping in Malaysia. SaveMoney.my was founded by Liew Ooi Hann and Lucas Ooi in 2012. Following the merger, Saving Plus Sdn Bhd was incorporated while RinggitPlus.com continued to operate as a comparison website.
In 2016, Saving Plus rebranded itself to Jirnexu; the name means “prosper” in Maltese. The company launched XpressApply, an online application and CRM technology as part of its business to provide financial institutions a channel to reach consumers digitally by handling banking product applications online.
Several venture capital firms have funded Jirnexu, including SBI Group, Celebes Capital, NTT DoCoMo Ventures, Nullabor, Tuas Capital Partners, Anfield Equities, Digital Media Partners, Gobi Partners, OSK Ventures International Berhad and private investor Steve Melhuish.
- Yong, Dion (2017-03-23). "Malaysia's Jirnexu Closes Series A With US$4.5 Million For Full-Stack Fintech Software". Asia Finance. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Fintech firm Jirnexu adds US$1.5M to its Series A, aims to complete Series B by early 2018". e27. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- Graham, Ben (2017-03-23). "Full-stack FinTech provider Jirnexu closes Series A with $4.5m - Fintech Roundup". Fintech Roundup. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- Russell, Jon. "Southeast Asia financial comparison startup Jirnexu lands $3M to expand to digital banking services". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Malaysians don't just compare, they want to buy financial products online: Report". Digital News Asia. 2016-08-25. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Southeast Asia Fintecher Jirnexu Raises $3M Series A Funding". Crowdfund Insider. 2016-05-24. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Jirnexu Ready to Fortify Digital Banking Services with $ 3 million fund - Startup World". Startup World. 2016-05-24. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "RHB launches chatbot for personal loans on Ringgitplus". Enterprise Innovation | Asia's Premier Business and Technology Publication. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- "Cover Story: The accidental fintech firm". The Edge Markets. 2017-06-16. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- Ting, Henry (2015-12-23). "Yuen Tuck Siew, Co-Founder of Saving Plus - The Asian Entrepreneur". The Asian Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- Ramchandani, Nisha. "The rise and rise of chatbots". The Business Times. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- Khoo, Jean (2015-05-19). "7 Financial Comparison Websites To Help You Make Wise Decisions In Malaysia". Vulcan Post. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Smart Money on Siew Yuen Tuck | The Malaysian Reserve". themalaysianreserve.com. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Consumer portals confident of US$1m revenue with tie-up". NST Online. 2014-11-25. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "RinggitPlus.com and SaveMoney.my announce March merger". Digital News Asia. 2014-11-25. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Fintech startup Saving Plus rebrands to Jirnexu, raises US$3m Series A". 2016-05-24. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Fintech CRM Provider Rebrands as Jirnexu as $3m Series A Funding Announced | Finance Magnates". Finance Magnates | Financial and business news. 2016-05-24. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Fintech funding round-up: 23 March 2017 » Banking Technology". www.bankingtech.com. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Malaysian fintech Jirnexu closes $4.5M Series A round, kicks off Series B discussions - DealStreetAsia". www.dealstreetasia.com. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Malaysia's Jirnexu raises $1.5 million for fintech software". VentureBeat. 2017-03-22. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- Ellis, Jack. "Fintech solutions startup Jirnexu nets $2m in pre-series B funding". www.techinasia.com. Retrieved 2017-11-02.