Jisoo (singer, born 1995)
Jisoo at an event for Shopee in Indonesia, November 2018
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Ji-su|
Kim Ji-soo was born on January 3, 1995, in Gunpo, Gyeonggi, South Korea. In 2011, Kim joined YG Entertainment through auditions as a trainee. In 2015, Kim made a cameo appearance in the KBS2 drama The Producers alongside label-mates 2NE1's Sandara Park and Winner's Kang Seung-yoon. In the same year Kim featured in several advertisements including Samsonite alongside actor Lee Min-ho, Smart Uniform, LG Electronics, and Nikon.
Kim debuted as a member of Blackpink on August 8, 2016. The group has released two Korean extended plays, Square Up and Kill This Love, along with a Japanese studio album, Blackpink in Your Area, and extended play Blackpink. On February 5, 2017 until February 4, 2018, Kim joined Inkigayo as an MC alongside Got7's Jin-young and NCT's Do-young. On June 3, 2019, Kim was confirmed to make a short appearance in tvN fantasy drama Arthdal Chronicles along with 2PM's Nichkhun.
Impact and influence
In Gallup Korea's annual music poll for 2018, Jisoo was ranked the tenth most popular idol in South Korea, receiving 4.8% of the votes. In April 2019, she was ranked the tenth most followed K-pop idol on Instagram, with 12.8 million followers.
|2019||Arthdal Chronicles||Sae Na-rae||tvN|||
- Herman, Tamar (October 22, 2018). "BLACKPINK Sign With Interscope Records & UMG in Global Partnership With YG Entertainment: Exclusive". Billboard. Retrieved November 23, 2018.
- Son, Minji (June 23, 2017). "[아이돌 고향을 찾아서①] 우리 고향 아이돌 누가 있을까". Sports Tendency (in Korean). Retrieved April 20, 2019.
- Lee, Mi-hyun (November 15, 2016). "BlackPink's long journey to the top : After six years as trainees, YG's newest girl group now dominates the charts". Korea Joongang Daily. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- "'아스달 연대기' 측 "블랙핑크 지수 출연, 역할 방송통해 확인 부탁"(공식입장)". Newsen. 6 June 2019. Retrieved 10 June 2019.
- "YG 신인 걸그룹 김지수, 데뷔 전부터 이민호와 CF모델 발탁". Ten Asia. January 16, 2015. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- "KIM JISOO & iKON & Chosen as School Uniform models 'Smart Uniform'". Blackpink YG. August 25, 2015. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- "iKON Together with YG's Kim Jisoo Became New Commercial Models for LG Smart Phones". YG United. March 24, 2016. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- "Small but strong ... Nikon announces Nikon 1 J5 lens interchangeable camera". The Korea Herald (in Korean). April 2, 2015. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- "블랙핑크 지수 "'인기가요' MC 하차, 블랙핑크로 돌아오겠다" 소감". Osen (in Korean). February 4, 2018. Retrieved May 29, 2019.
- "BLACKPINK's Jisoo & 2PM's Nichkhun Are Confirmed To Appear On Arthdal Chronicles". E! Online. June 11, 2019. Retrieved June 24, 2019.
- "블랙핑크 지수X로제, 메이크업 브랜드 모델 발탁..트렌디 매력UP". Herald Pop (in Korean). September 27, 2018. Retrieved July 14, 2019.
- "2018년 올해를 빛낸 가수와 가요 - 최근 12년간 추이 포함" (in Korean). Gallup Korea. 2018-11-30.
- Hicap, Jonathan (2018-12-26). "Gallup Korea names favorite singers, songs in 2018". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 2019-05-29.
- "Blackpink's Lisa most followed K-pop idol on Instagram". The Straits Times. 2019-04-17. Retrieved 2019-05-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kim Ji-soo.|