Jitamitra Prasad Singh Deo
Jitamitra Prasad Singh Deo (born 29 August 1946) is an Indian historian and archaeologist. He is from Khariar, Nuapada, Orissa, India. He is the president of Khariar Sahitya Samiti. He is a famous archaeologist and authors of several books on Orissa. He has discovered of pre-historic rock art of Yogimath Donger, Ghat Ghumar rock art copper plates, gold coins of Satabhapuriya dynasty, clay seal, stone seal of Panduvamsi dynasty, Kalachuri coins, terracotas, beads and sculpture of various types.
Following are some of his highly cited books:
- Cultural Profile of South Kosal
- Origin of Jagannath Deity
- Tantric Art of Orissa
- Character Assassination in Modern History of Orissa.
Award and honors
- World's Best Literature Certificate
- Profile of JP Singh Deo http://www.navratnanews.com/Profile/profile_ofJitamitra%20Prasad%20Singh%20Deo.htm
- Pradhan, Sadasiba (2001). Rock art in Orissa. Aryan Books International. p. 16. ISBN 978-81-7305-215-6.
- Tripathy, Snigdha (1986). Early and medieval coins and currency system of Orissa, circa 300 B.C. to 1568 A.D. Punthi Pustak. p. 96. OCLC 15488618.
- Fic, Victor M. (2003). The tantra: its origin, theories, art, and diffusion from India to Nepal, Tibet, Mongolia, China, Japan, and Indonesia. Abhinav Publications. p. 69. ISBN 978-81-7017-424-0.
- World's 56th Best Literature Certificate Award Winner
|This Indian academic-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|