Jiyang District, Jinan
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||1,097.15 km2 (423.61 sq mi)|
|• Density||470/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|Jinan district map||
The population was 520,095 in 1999.
In the seventh year of Tianhui of Jin Dynasty (around 1216 ), Emperor Taizong of Jin established the county Jiyang, because it is at the north side of river Ji. After the People's Republic of China was established, Jiyang was annexed by Linyi County in 1958. In 1961, Jiyang County was recovered.
Jiyang is 45 kilometers from Jinan city, and transportation is convenient. It is 8 kilometers from Jinan International airport, connected to Jinan city through the third north ring highway of Jinan, the third bridge of Yellow River, and Jinan Yellow River highway bridge. 104, 220 national highways and 248, 249 provincial roads all go through the district.
Jiyang is divided into 8 towns: Jiyang, Sungeng, Renfeng, Duoshiqiao, Qudi, Cuizhai, Ertaiping, and Xinshi.
- Jiyang Jibei Elementary School 济阳县济北小学
- Yingcai Elementary School 英才小学
- Tianshan Elementary School 天山小学
- Jiyang Modern Elementary School 济阳现代小学
- Jiyang Zhiyuan Elementary School 济阳志远小学
- Jiyang Chuangxin Middle School 济阳创新中学
- Jiyang Jingyeyuan Middle School 竞业园学校
- Jiyang No.10 Middle School 山东省济阳县第十中学
- Jiyang No.1 High School 济阳县第一中学
- Jiyang Jibei High School 济阳县济北中学
A very famous watermelon called Shaixi watermelon was from Jiyang. It is very small and the flesh color is yellow and Super sweet.
- Google (2014-07-02). "Jiyang" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- Jinan City Land Use Plan (2006–20)/《济南市土地利用总体规划（2006-2020年）》.‹See Tfd›(in Chinese) Accessed 8 July 2014.
- 《中国2010年人口普查分县资料》 (in Chinese). 中国统计出版社. December 2012. ISBN 978-7-5037-6659-6.
- National Population Statistics Materials by County and City - 1999 Period, in China County & City Population 1999, Harvard China Historical GIS