|Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior|
6 December 2011
|Prime Minister||Elio Di Rupo|
|Preceded by||Annemie Turtelboom|
17 February 1961 |
|Political party||Humanist Democratic Centre|
|Alma mater||Catholic University of Louvain
University of Amsterdam
She studied classics at the Institute of the Sisters of Saint Andrew in Charleroi, before going on to graduate in law from the Université Catholique de Louvain in 1984. In 1985, she took a post-graduate diploma in European law at the Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA).
She started her career at the Bar in Brussels. From 1995 to 1999 she was a delegate to the Belgian Senate. She has been the president of the CDH party since, and played a prominent role in the 2007-2008 formation negotiations for the Leterme I Government. During the government formation negotiations she was given the nickname "Madame Non" (Mrs No) by the Flemish media for her fierce resistance against the constitutional reform that would give more autonomy to the different communities of Belgium.
She was Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Employment and Equal Opportunities in the Leterme I Government, which took office on 20 March 2008.
As of 2012, she is the Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of the Interior and for Equalities. 
On mai 2014 there was a scandal in Belgium, because her son was involded in a gangbang at school, six boys on one girl. She tried to suffocate the affair, later she blamed the girl to be a deranged nymphomaniac. 
- "20 March 2008 – Royal Orders. Government – Dismissals – Appointments" (in Dutch/French). The Belgian Official Journal. 2008-03-21. pp. 3–4. Retrieved 2008-03-30.
- Milquet: "Ik ben niet 'madame non'", Knack, 24 aug 2007 (DUTCH)
- Government of Belgium website http://www.premier.be/fr/minister/jo%C3%ABlle-milquet-0
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Joëlle Milquet.|
- Joëlle Milquet Official website
- (French) Joëlle Milquet on the Humanist Democratic Centre (CDH) web site
|Minister of the Interior
|This article about a Belgian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|