The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
JoAnn T. Hackos is a lecturer, consultant and author of a number of books about technical communication. Now retired, Dr. Hackos is the founder of the Center for Information-Development Management (CIDM) and the president emeritus of Comtech Services in Denver, Colorado. She is also a fellow and past president of the Society for Technical Communication. She is a member of the IEEE Standards Association and active in the ISO SC7 Working Groups that is developing standards for information developers. She is the co-author of the standards on content management and information-development management.
- A Practical Guide to XLIFF with Bryan Schnabel and Rodolfo Raya (XML Press, 2015)
- Information Development, Managing your Documentation Projects, Portfolio, and People (Wiley 2006)
- Content Management for Dynamic Web Delivery (Wiley 2002)
- Managing Your Documentation Projects (Wiley 1994)
- Standards for Online Communication (Wiley 1997)
- User and Task Analysis for Interface Design (Wiley 1998)
- Introduction to DITA: Second Edition' (Comtech Services 2011)
Honors and awards
- 2013 - Horace Hockley Award, Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicators (United Kingdom)
- 2003 - Rigo Award, Association for Computing Machinery's Special Interest Group on the Design of Communication
- 2000 - Alfred N. Goldsmith Award for Distinguished Contributions to Engineering Communication Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Professional Communication Society
- Notes from 48th International STC Conference, Chicago, Illinois, May 13–16, 2001 at the official website of the Orlando chapter of the Society for Technical Communication. Accessed March 9, 2013.
- JoAnn Hackos Archived 2012-11-06 at the Wayback Machine. at The Dynamic Publisher. Accessed March 9, 2013.
- Content Management for Dynamic Web Delivery. Copyright 2001, 2002 WebDesign & Review. Accessed March 9, 2013.
- JoAnn Hackos on Moving Legacy Documentation into DITA: An Interview Archived 2011-01-11 at the Wayback Machine. at Data Conversion Laboratory, Inc. Accessed March 9, 2013.
- History of Dita at Dita Users. Accessed March 9, 2013.
- Meeting JoAnn Hackos by Bob Doyle, Mon, 2006-08-28. © 1993-2013 OASIS. Accessed March 9, 2013.
- "Horace Hockley Award 2013" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-04-22.
- "Rigo Award". SIGDOC. Archived from the original on 14 June 2012. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- PCS Awards at the IEEE PCS official website. Accessed March 9, 2013.
- An Interview with Dr. JoAnn Hackos by Scott Abel, Wednesday, August 30, 2006
- Bibliography at Alibris
- JoAnn T. Hackos at DBLP Bibliography Server
- Professional profile at the Center for Information-Development Management's official website
- Quotations from JoAnn Hackos at Dey Alexander Consulting, February 17, 2006
|ACM SIGDOC Rigo Award