|Birth name||JoAnne Dorothy Good|
15 January 1955 |
|Show||The Afternoon Show|
|Station(s)||BBC London 94.9|
|Time slot||Mon - Fri; 3pm-5pm GMT/BST|
|Show||Saturday Breakfast with Joanne Good and Simon Lederman|
|Station(s)||BBC London 94.9|
|Time slot||1-4pm GMT/BST|
|Website||Jo Good on Weekdays|
JoAnne Dorothy Good (born 15 January 1955) is a British radio presenter, television presenter, broadcast journalist and actor.
As an actress, she is best known for her role as Carol Sands in the ITV soap Crossroads from 1982 to 1984. She played a schoolgirl in the 1978 cult British horror film Killer's Moon, and filmed an interview for the 2008 DVD release. She also appeared in the all-star black comedy film Eat the Rich in 1987. On stage she has played the title role in Educating Rita, co-starring with Norman Bowler, and for several years in the 1990s worked as part of Derek Nimmo's touring company, performing all over the world. She played several parts in The Bill, most recently in 2008 and was an extra in the Sex and the City film.
Radio and TV presenter
Good started as a radio presenter on BBC Southern Counties Radio in Brighton and occasionally did reports for television programme BBC South Today. Good joined BBC London 94.9 in October 2003 and has remained there since. She originally presented the Overnight slot, followed by the Breakfast Show which she presented from 2005 till 2010 when she was asked to present her own late show titled The Late Show with Joanne Good. Good presented the show for just under three years.
In 2007 Good auditioned unsuccessfully for a role on Loose Women and in 2010 she was considered as a replacement for Christine Bleakley on The One Show, the BBC's live evening televised magazine show on BBC One.
In addition to her radio work, Good has also been featured in Sky One show A Different Breed along with friend and fellow dog fanatic Anna Webb. The show showed Jo and Anna at dog events and featured extracts from her Late Night show and its 'Barking at the Moon' segment which was broadcast every Thursday night from 10:00 pm to midnight.
Since November 2012 Jo has been presenting the afternoon slot, 3:00 pm till 5:00 pm, on BBC London 94.9 and presents the late show every New Year's Eve on the same station. Jo presents regular reports for the BBC London current affairs television programme Inside Out, shown on BBC1 weekly whilst occasionally making reports for the South East edition. Jo now presents her radio London show from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm (from January 2016).
Good is also a regular columnist and magazine and newspaper writer.
Good sat in for Alex Lester on BBC Radio 2 during August 2014.
Good currently appears on The Alan Titchmarsh Show as a pet expert.
Good's family emigrated to Australia when she was four, and returned when she was twelve. She has an elder brother Nigel, who now lives in Amsterdam. Her mother Eileen was still working as a yoga teacher in 2009, aged 83.
She married actor Richard Piper in 1978, and they were together for four years. After her divorce from Piper, Good was in a relationship with her Crossroads co-star David Moran. Her partner and fellow BBC London 94.9 presenter Big George died in May 2011.
She owns a British bulldog called Matilda.
Good has been critical of how women in radio, she says, continue to play subservient roles to men.
- England and Wales Birth Index 1916-2005, Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1955, Registration district: Lewisham, Inferred County: London, Volume Number: 5d, Page Number: 42
- Joanne Good
- "10,000 Bullets » Killer's Moon". 10kbullets.com. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- "Appearances". JoanneGood. 15 September 1981. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- Calder, Simon (9 January 2010). "My Life In Travel: JoAnne Good, broadcaster and actress". The Independent. London. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- Robertson, Colin (24 June 2008). "Drama on Bill set as wanted teen is nicked". London: The Sun. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- "JoAnne's BBC London 94.9 outside broadcast 23rd November 2007". Joannegood.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- "OK! Magazine: First For Celebrity News :: Food :: Julian Clary and Jo Good". Ok.co.uk. 27 November 2007. Archived from the original on 28 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- Good, Joanne. "My yoga teacher is Mum ... and she's 83 years old". Daily Mail. London.
- England and Wales Marriage Index 1916–2005
- Good, Joanne (13 December 2010). Daily Mail. London http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1338073/Ive-spent-presents-pooch-partner-This-Christmas-Matildas-getting-skateboarding-lessons-tea-hotel-Not-bad-bulldog.html. Missing or empty
- Anstead, Mark (14 September 2010). "I'm a grown up anorexic: BBC radio host JoAnne Good talks for the first time of her lifelong battle with the eating disorder". Daily Mail. London.
- Burchill, Julie (16 December 2000). "Thesps are sex workers". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- "Women 'forced to play sidekick to male hosts'". The Daily Telegraph. London. 6 May 2008. Retrieved 2010-01-18.