|Birth name||Joanne Appleby|
|Born||7 April 1978|
|Origin||Thornton, Lancashire, England|
|Genres||Pop, crossover, classical|
Appleby was born in Blackpool. She began studying opera, aged nineteen, at the Royal Northern College of Music, where, four years later, she gained an honours degree. She then won a scholarship from the D'Oyly Carte Opera Company before embarking on an operatic career. She spent four years performing with the Glyndebourne Festival Opera and Touring Opera Company, as well as singing at venues such as the Royal Albert Hall and the Royal Festival Hall.
In 2002 she was signed by Sony BMG as an original member of the opera group Amici Forever. She toured with the group until September 2006 when she left to pursue a solo career. Since leaving the group she has toured Australia, Dubai and New Zealand as a soloist with The Morriston Orpheus Male voice choir. In 2007, she was involved in a concert tour of the United Kingdom, and the "It's Magic" Christmas concert.
- "Stars in Fine Voice", Blackpool Gazette, 3 August 2007, retrieved 21 June 2011
- http://126.96.36.199/RCA/press/content/Amici_Forever/Biography/Amici_About_The_Band.doc[permanent dead link].
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 19 February 2010. Retrieved 18 February 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 18 December 2010. Retrieved 18 February 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 July 2008. Retrieved 18 February 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- http://www.classicalx.com/ftopicp-15892.html[permanent dead link]
|This biographical article about a British singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|