Jo Coenen (born 30 September 1949 in Heerlen) is a Dutch architect and urban planner. He studied architecture at the Eindhoven University of Technology (graduating in 1975), and later held professorships at TU Karlsruhe, Eindhoven University of Technology and Delft University of Technology.
Between 2000 and 2004 Coenen was Chief Government Architect of the Netherlands (Rijksbouwmeester). In 1995 he won the BNA Kubus award. He is honorary member of the Association of German Architects (BDA).
- 1986 Library and gallery, Heerlen
- 1993 Netherlands Architecture Institute, Rotterdam
- 1997 Emerald Empire (residential), Amsterdam
- 1999 Centre Céramique Library, Maastricht
- 1999 Q 30 (Gendarmenmarkt), Berlin
- 2006 Vesteda Tower, Eindhoven
- 1989 Master plan Vaillantlaan, The Hague
- 1990 Master plan KNSM Island, Amsterdam
- 1991 Master plan Céramique, Maastricht
- Jo Coenen, The Discovery of Architecture. Mit H. Ibelings. Berlin, 1991. ISBN 3-433-02292-5
- Jo Coenen, From Urban Design to Architectural Detail. With contributions by Umberto Barbieri, Neave Brown, Otto Maier et al. Hamburg, 2005. ISBN 3-7643-7196-X