This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
August 3, 1980 |
New York City, U.S.
|Known for||June 18, 2007 Playboy Cyber Club appearance|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
Jo Garcia (born August 3, 1980) is an American nude and lingerie Playboy model who became Playboy's Cyber Girl of the Year in 2008, after being named Cyber Girl of the Month in October 2007, and Cyber Girl of the Week for the week of June 18, 2007.
Video game career
Shortly after being named Cyber Girl of the Year in the summer of 2008, Garcia appeared anonymously in a viral video, where she was playing the Wii Fit snowboarding game, as well as in a takeoff of another viral video called Wii Fit girl. Garcia's video gained viral attention and has received nearly 7.5 million views by July 2014.
An avid fan of roleplaying games, she talks in the interview about her experiences playing the Final Fantasy series, interviews she does with video game industry people, as well as other video games in which she is currently interested.
In August 2008, based on her interest in video games, Garcia launched a video game blog that appears on Playboy.com, called The Gamer Next Door. In her blog, Garcia reviews games and interviews industry professionals and celebrities about video games. To date, she has done more than 100 video features for Playboy.com on video game-related topics. For Halloween 2008, she counted down her favorite scary games while touring the haunted house at the Playboy Mansion Halloween party. For Playboy.com, Garcia has reported on video games from Italy (Assassin's Creed II), Prague (The Godfather II) and Paris, covered the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas and E3 in Los Angeles, and reported on gaming from Comic-Con.
In October 2008, Garcia appeared in a presidential election spoof video for Funny or Die.com. Footage was taken from the Presidential town hall debate which took place October 7, 2008, and digitally altered to show the women asking Senators Obama and McCain a series of questions.
In April 2011, Garcia teamed up with Ultimate Fighting Championship ring girl Brittney Palmer to create a video for Mortal Kombat that received more than 450,000 views on YouTube. In February and March 2012, Garcia toured around the country to events in eight cities to promote the Sony PlayStation Vita.
- "Jo Garcia". AskMen. 1980-08-03. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- "Sexy Wii Fit Gamer Girl - Playboy Cyber Girl Jo Garcia". YouTube. 2008-06-13. Retrieved 2014-06-08.
- "Gamer next Door". Archived from the original on August 27, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-10.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20090827123747/http://www.playboy.com/GamerNextDoor. Archived from the original on August 27, 2009. Retrieved September 10, 2009. Missing or empty
- "Pwnordie.com". Archived from the original on August 22, 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-13.
- "Sexy Girl Fight in Mortal Kombat: Jo Garcia vs. Brittney Palmer". YouTube. 2011-04-19. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- "San Francisco - Vita Hill Social Club". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-08-25.