Jo Hamilton (interior designer)
Jo Hamilton (born Eton, Berkshire) is a leading British interior designer and artist, known for her expertise in colour. She is the founder and creative director of Jo Hamilton Interiors, taking on residential and commercial work in the UK and abroad. Hamilton is also a newspaper columnist and runs interior design courses at her London offices, in Belsize Park.
Hamilton is a show ambassador and key speaker for House, in Dublin's RDS, and the Index Exhibition, in Dubai's World Trade Centre. She was also the long-term resident interior designer at Grand Designs Live in both London and Birmingham as well as a key speaker and one of three "show ambassadors" along with Kevin McCloud and Charlie Luxton, and formerly George Clarke (architect).
Further keynote public speaking appointments have included London's Decorex, the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF), in New York, and the International Property Awards, for which she is a judge. Hamilton also became a What House? Awards judge in 2016, with What House? editorial director Rupert Bates stating: “We are delighted to have Jo on board. She is hugely talented and regarded and joins an outstanding panel of judges.” She is a judge also for the Index Architecture and Design Awards.
Hamilton regularly features in interviews about interior design trends and issues by media outlets that have included The Independent, the Daily Telegraph, The Times, Irish Independent, Metro, BBC, International Property & Travel, Rightmove, and UAE fashion magazine Elite Monde, among others.
Hamilton has worked on interior design-related PR activities with a number of respected companies, including Virgin Money UK and First Time Buyer Online. In 2014, she was commissioned by homewares chain HomeSense to open a series of new stores across England, including Cheltenham, Solihull and Salisbury. Hamilton has also been a brand ambassador for Bosch Power Tools - also known as Robert Bosch GmbH - and Dulux.
From a young age Hamilton believed she would become an artist, with her "first love" being fashion design. She became an interior designer in 1995 with a brief professional background in graphic design before she had three children.
- Interior design (notable interior designers in the world today)
- "50 Best Interior Designers in the UK". Country & Town House.
- "Amara - The Lux Pad - Leading designers share their interiors tips". The Lux Pad.
- New Homes For Sale Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine.
- https://twitter.com/JoHamiltonUK Jo Hamilton - Twitter
- Hamilton, Jo. "The Power of Plants". Ham & High - Homestead magazine (PageSuite).
- Neligan, Orla (12 March 2017). "Interior designer to the stars Jo Hamilton shares her top tips for wall-to-wall style". Irish Independent on Saturday - Weekend magazine.
- "Colour Advice With Designer Jo Hamilton". Image magazine. April 18, 2017.
- "Index Dubai News & Media". Index Dubai.
- Edwards, Samantha (October 16, 2013). "Growing visitor numbers at Grand Designs Live Birmingham". Event Magazine.
- "Staircase creative with Jo Hamilton". Grand Designs Live - Celebrity blog.
- "Decorex - 2018 speaker Jo Hamilton". Decorex.
- "Talk listing for International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF) 2018". International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF).
- "Ivy's Guide to ICFF: May 2018". Ivy.
- "Property Awards on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Hamilton, Jo". propertyawards.net. Retrieved 2017-01-17.
- "What House? Awards 2016 judges' report" (PDF).
- "One-on-one interview: Jo Hamilton, Jo Hamilton Interiors". What House?.
- "What's new". Jo Hamilton Interiors. Retrieved 2016-08-01.
- "Index Dubai - Meet the IADA judges".
- "Jo Hamilton". www.granddesignslive.com. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "Jo Hamilton on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "Chris Henwood on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "Who'd Be a Billionaire (Toys) on Sky Living, Tue 31 Mar 8:00pm - TV Guide UK TV Listings". TVGuide.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "Who'd Be a Billionaire | Programme guide | Radio Times". RadioTimes. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- 60-Minute Makeover Archived October 30, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- Jo Hamilton official website - about Jo Hamilton
- Hosie, Rachel (5 July 2017). "Interior design's next six biggest trends from metallics to marble". The Independent.
- "Pouffe, tuffet or ottoman? The rise and rise of the ultimate interior multitasker". Daily Telegraph.
- "Streamline your home by getting built-in 'furnitecture'". Daily Telegraph.
- Ashworth, Anne (March 10, 2018). "The Future's Rosy". The Times - Luxx magazine.
- Neligan, Orla (March 12, 2017). "Irish Independent". Irish Independent on Saturday - Weekend magazine.
- Metro, Oliver Stallwood for. "Interior designer Jo Hamilton: 'Our homes should express ourselves'". Metro. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "International Property & Travel Volume 23 Number 5". Retrieved 2016-09-01.
- "Jo Hamilton shares her interior top tips for first-time buyersProperty News | Property Blog | Rightmove". Rightmove Property News. 2014-04-24. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Elite Monde interview with Jo Hamilton". Jo Hamilton Interiors. Retrieved 2017-01-17.
- "Elite Monde interview with Jo Hamilton". Elite Monde (Press Reader).
- Virgin Money UK Archived 2013-10-29 at the Wayback Machine.
- https://www.virginmoney.com/magazine/article.jsp?category=virgin&article=34647 Virgin Money Magazine Archived October 29, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- First Time Buyer Online
- "HomeSense UK | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "60 Minute Makeover host, Jo Hamilton, gave Cheltenham shoppers hints on interior design". Gloucestershire Echo. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- Rebecca. "HomeSense Solihull Store Opening". Here Come the Girls. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- HomeSense UK (2014-03-12), Interior Designer Jo Hamilton Opens New Solihull HomeSense Store, retrieved 2016-03-02
- "FashionFake: Jo Hamilton at HomeSense Salisbury: Tips for Decorating Your Home". FashionFake. Archived from the original on 2016-03-07. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "Creative tips for a warm and welcoming baby nursery". www.mumknowsbest.com. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Have a DIY fling this spring with interior design tips from Bosch Quigo and Jo Hamilton". ResponseSource Press Release Wire. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Bosch gives top home improvement tips for hoilday DIYers'". archive.is. 2013-10-27. Archived from the original on 2013-10-27. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- Bentley, David (2013-10-24). "Houses of horror! Half of all Brummies too ashamed of their homes to invite friends and family over". birminghammail. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Dulux urges Brits to get back into decorating". www.diyweek.net. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "Brits avoid inviting people into their house because of embarrassment". Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- "INTERIORS PRO JO HAMILTON ON HER GRAND DESIGNS". www.theresident.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Press". Jo Hamilton Interiors. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- Brian Clarke column - The Times
- "Experts - MacFarlane Chard". MacFarlane Chard.