|Shadow Secretary of State for Wales|
7 October 2016 – 27 January 2017
|Preceded by||Paul Flynn|
|Succeeded by||Christina Rees|
|Member of Parliament|
for Cardiff Central
Assumed office |
7 May 2015
|Preceded by||Jenny Willott|
Joanna Meriel Stevens|
6 September 1966
Swansea, Wales, UK
University of Manchester|
Joanna Meriel Stevens (born 6 September 1966) is a Welsh Labour Party politician in the UK House of Commons. She was elected as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Cardiff Central in the May 2015 general election.
Early life and career
Member of Parliament
In Jeremy Corbyn's January 2016 reshuffle, she was appointed shadow solicitor general and shadow justice minister. In October 2016 reshuffle, after Corbyn's re-election as party leader, Stevens became Shadow Secretary of State for Wales. She resigned on 27 January 2017 in order to vote against the three-line whip obliging Labour MPs to vote in favour of Article 50.
Stevens chairs the GMB Parliamentary Group who help to make sure issues that matter to GMB members are raised in the House of Commons.
- "No. 61230". The London Gazette. 18 May 2015. p. 9127.
- "Jo Stevens MP". myparliament.info. MyParliament. Archived from the original on 11 August 2017. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Cardiff Central Parliamentary constituency". BBC. Archived from the original on 8 May 2015. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Democracy Club CVs". Democracy Club. Archived from the original on 18 May 2015. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Jo Stevens – About". Jo Stevens MP. Archived from the original on 10 May 2015. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "As it happened: Steven Woolfe in hospital and Labour reshuffle". BBC News. 6 October 2016. Archived from the original on 7 October 2016. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- Elgot, Jessica (27 January 2017). "Labour MP Jo Stevens quits shadow cabinet over article 50 vote". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 27 January 2017. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- Official website
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 2010–present
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament
for Cardiff Central
| Shadow Secretary of State for Wales
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom elected at the 2015 general election or a subsequent by-election is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Labour Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom representing a Welsh constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom elected at the 2017 general election or a subsequent by-election is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|