Joakim Zander was raised in Söderköping, Sweden. He studied law at Uppsala University and later earned a PhD in Law from Maastricht University. His dissertation The Application of the Precautionary Principle in Practice was published by Cambridge University Press, and was awarded the Rabobank Prize in 2012. Joakim Zander has worked for the European Parliament and the European Commission in Brussels, Belgium. He currently lives in Lund, Sweden with his wife and two children.
Klara Walldéen series
Zander's 2013 novel Simmaren (The Swimmer in English) is the first in his thriller series featuring the heroine Klara Waldéen. The book was followed by Orten (2015) and Vännen (2017).
- The Application of the Precautionary Principle in Practice, Cambridge University Press, 2010
- Simmaren, 2013 (English translation: The Swimmer)
- Orten, 2015 (English translation: The Believer)
- Vännen, 2017 (English translation: The Friend)
- Widstrand, Wahlström &. "Joakim Zander - Wahlström & Widstrand". www.wwd.se. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Application precautionary principle practice comparative dimensions - Comparative law". Cambridge University Press. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-03-06. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Joakim Zander". Ahlander Agency. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- Joakim Zander, Ahlander Agency