Joan de Beauchamp, Countess of Ormond
|Joan de Beauchamp|
|Countess of Ormond|
|Spouse(s)||James Butler, 4th Earl of Ormond|
|Father||William de Beauchamp, 1st Baron Bergavenny|
|Mother||Lady Joan FitzAlan|
|Died||3 or 5 August 1430 (aged 33–34)|
|Buried||Mercers' Chapel, St Thomas of Acre, London|
Joan Beauchamp, Countess of Ormond (1396 – 3 or 5 August 1430) was the first wife of James Butler, 4th Earl of Ormond, and the mother of his five children. Their principal residence was Kilkenny Castle in Ireland.
- Richard de Beauchamp, 1st Earl of Worcester, 2nd Baron Bergavenny (c.1397 - 18 March 1422), who married Lady Isabel le Despenser (27 July 1400 - 26 or 27 December 1439), by whom he had one daughter, Elizabeth de Beauchamp, Baroness Bergavenny.
- Elizabeth de Beauchamp.
Joan's paternal grandparents were Thomas de Beauchamp, 11th Earl of Warwick and Lady Katherine Mortimer, and her maternal grandparents were Richard FitzAlan, 11th Earl of Arundel and Elizabeth de Bohun.
Marriage and issue
- James Butler, 5th Earl of Ormond, who died without legitimate issue.
- John Butler, 6th Earl of Ormond, who died without legitimate issue.
- Thomas Butler, 7th Earl of Ormond, whose daughter Margaret was a grandmother of Anne Boleyn.
- Elizabeth Butler, who married John Talbot, 2nd Earl of Shrewsbury and had issue.
- Anne Butler, who died unmarried.
|This section does not cite any sources. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Ellis, Steven G. (2004). "Butler, John, sixth earl of Ormond (d. 1476/7)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/4195. (Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
- Richardson, Douglas (2011). Everingham, Kimball G., ed. Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families. I (2nd ed.). Salt Lake City. ISBN 1449966373.