Joan Dunayer is a writer, editor, and animal rights advocate. She is the author of two books, Animal Equality (2001) and Speciesism (2004).
- Speciesism (Derwood, MD: Ryce Publishing, 2004).
- Animal Equality: Language and Liberation (Derwood, MD: Ryce Publishing, 2001).
“Mixed Messages: Opinion Pieces by Representatives of US Nonhuman-Advocacy Organizations,” in Critical Animal and Media Studies: Communication for Nonhuman Animal Advocacy, ed. Núria Almiron, Matthew Cole, and Carrie P. Freeman (New York: Routledge, 2016), 91-106.
“The Rights of Sentient Beings: Moving Beyond Old and New Speciesism,” in The Politics of Species: Reshaping Our Relationships with Other Animals, ed. Raymond Corbey and Annette Lanjouw (Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2013), 27-39.
“Sexist Words, Speciesist Roots,” in Animals and Women: Feminist Theoretical Explorations, ed. Carol J. Adams and Josephine Donovan (Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 1995), 11-31.
- "Advancing Animal Rights" Journal of Animal Law (Volume III, 2007)
- "Serving Abuse: Promoting Animal-Derived Food" Satya Magazine (October 2006)
- "Reply to a Self-Proclaimed Speciesist" Vegan Voice (September/November 2005)
- "From Speciesism to Equality" The Vegan (Summer 2005)
- "Animal Rights "Welfarists": An Oxymoron" Satya Magazine (March 2005)
- "English and Speciesism" English Today (Vol. 19, No. 1, 2003)
- "Animal Equality" Speech at Animal Rights Vienna conference in Austria (September 2002)
- "On Speciesist Language" On The Issues Magazine (Winter 1990)
- "Joan Dunayer", Lantern Books, accessed 4 June 2012.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Joan Dunayer|
- Interview of Joan Dunayer Vegan Festivals (2005)
- Joan Dunayer on Speciesism Animal Voices (November 23, 2004)
- Animal Equality: Language and Liberation. The Joan Dunayer Interview. Vegan Voice (2001)
- Interview with Joan Dunayer Animal Voices (July 26, 2001)
|This animal rights-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|