Joan Howard Maurer
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Joan Howard Maurer|
April 2, 1927
Brooklyn, New York, United States
|Spouse||Norman Maurer (m. 1947; his death 1986)|
She was married to cartoonist/director Norman Maurer for 39 years until his death in 1986.
Maurer currently resides in Seattle, Washington, and regularly attends Three Stooges conventions held yearly in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania. Her sons, Michael Maurer and Jeffrey Scott (Maurer), are both animation writers.
Books by Joan Howard Maurer
- The Three Stooges Book of Scripts ISBN 0-8065-1018-8; April 1984
- Curly: An Illustrated Biography of the Superstooge ISBN 0-8065-1086-2; April 1985
Books Co-Authored by Joan Howard Maurer
- Moe Howard and the Three Stooges; written by Moe Howard, compiled by Joan Howard Maurer after Moe's death (July 1977)
- The Three Stooges Scrapbook; with Jeff and Greg Lenburg (1982, rev. 2000, 2012) (not to be confused with The Three Stooges Scrapbook unsold 1960 television pilot)
- The Three Stooges Book of Scripts, Volume II; with Norman Maurer (April 1987; published after his death in 1986)
All books originally published by Citadel Press.